Chapter - 4 A What??!

Everyone's eyes snapped towards Aman. Sonia who was thinking silently asked her husband, "really?"

He nodded. "I think I do." Avneet and Jai exchanged glances. 'Oh, this can't be good.' Avneet though.

"Avneet and Jai won't be leaving this house till election. As Avneet is injured she can't live alone. And for Jai, he came home today so he will also be inside our house. And I'll tell my assistant to increase our house protection." he finished. Avneet and Jai were gaping at their father. Aman was looking straight ahead. Not looking at his children. Sonia was shocked.

"What?!" both siblings shouted together.

"Dad, are you out of your mind? What are you saying?" Jai almost shouted. Avneet took a deep breath. She knew her father was overprotective but this was extreme. She was smart enough to know that shouting won't take them anywhere.

"Dad, how are you so sure that they won't harm us inside this house?" asked Avneet calmly.

"Don't be ridiculous Avneet. If we increase our house protection then how will they get inside?" her father countered.

"Dad this is politics. Anyone of your guards can betray you. You can't be sure that every guard supports you." Avneet said. Her dad was about to say something but Jai cut him saying

"Think logically dad. She has a point. This is possible. If your opposing team can dare to blast a bomb in broad daylight then harming us inside this house will be too easy for them." Jai explained. Aman exhaled loudly.

"Then what are we suppose to do?" Aman asked to particularly no one. Everyone was quiet for sometime. Thinking hard. Suddenly Jai said,

"I have an idea." Everyone looked at him for explanation.

"I'll explain first then tell you my idea." Jai said. Everyone nodded their head.

"As we know they targeted Avneet. Because she was easy to be targeted. No offence sis." Avneet glared at Jai.

"I was living in Jaipur for 7 months. And I came alone today. No one knew about it. And hopefully it'll stay that way for sometime. What I want to say is I've less chance of getting targeted because no one knows where I am right now. But for di you were living in this town. And you are already harmed. And they will try again because their plan has failed to kill you." Jai explained. Sonia gasped. She held Aman's hand tightly. Aman started stroking his thumb over her knuckles which calmed her racing heart a bit.
Avneet sat in silence thinking. Jai exhaled.

"But if we hire the best bodyguard for Avneet then there is less chances for her to get injured any further." Jai said slowly. Avneet's eyes snapped to her brother who was already looking at her.

"A what??!" she exclaimed widening her eyes.

"A bodyguard di. Look it's so far the best thing I could suggest." Jai explained. Avneet shook her head. She was about to say something but her father beat her to it.

"Well done my boy! This is brilliant! I'll talk to my assistant to get information on the best bodyguard in our country." Aman said happily.

"No need for that dad." he said looking at his father. His father looked at his son confused.

"I know who is the best bodyguard in our country. Though he is not quite famous. He doesn't like all the attention. Just like you di!" he directed the last sentence to his sister. Avneet was shooting daggers at her brother. She couldn't believe it. 'A bodyguard! He will invade my privacy. I can't go anywhere without him trailing behind my back. Ughh! No! I don't need a bodyguard.' she thought to herself.

"I don't need a bodyguard." she said looking pissed.

"Don't be childish Avneet. It's a really good suggestion." her father said.

"Then what about you, Jai? How will you be safe?" Avneet asked Jai sharply.

"I- um, I can go somewhere." Jai said.

"No. You both will be staying here. And Jai we will hire the second best bodyguard for you." Aman said sternly. Jai widened his eyes.

"B-but dad-" Jai started. Aman shook his head.

"No. End of discussion." Aman said. 'Jaise ko taisa." Avneet inwardly laughed at Jai. (Tit for tat.)

"I have a condition." she said suddenly. Everyone looked at her.

"If you'll hire a bodyguard for me then I'll go back to my own house." she finished confidently. Her dad wanted to protest. But she beat him to it.

"No dad. You wanted to hire a bodyguard for me I agreed. But I want to go back to my house." she repeated.

"But avu beta, you are injured. How will you take care of yourself alone?" Sonia asked seeming concerned.

"I'll ask one of my friend to help me. But I want to go back to my house." she said. Aman sighed.

"Alright. But you'll stay here until your bodyguard arrives." he said sternly. Avneet nodded sighing. She was already missing her normal life. Without any threat. She couldn't wait to go back.

"Jai who is this bodyguard you're talking about?" asked Aman. Jai looked at him before starting.

"He has never failed his missions. He is the best in his profession. He protects his clients with his life. I think he is the best choice for di." he explained. Her father looked impressed. Avneet looked bored. She plopped her head on the sofa. She was least interested in this topic. 'The best? Huh! I don't know and I don't care. As soon as the election is over I'll kick him out.' she thought to herself.

"What's his name?" Aman asked. Jai was already typing something in his phone.

"Aha! Here it is! So his name is Siddharth Nigam. He is ex-military. Age - 27. Height - 6'4". Unmarried. Very handsome." Jai said looking at his sister. Avneet squinted her eyes at him.

"Why are you looking at me like that? And why are you talking like we have to find a girl for his marriage?" Avneet asked raising an eyebrow at him. He just shrugged. Smirking slightly.

(Little does she know 😂)

"Alright. Stop. Jai start speaking." Aman said.

"He joined his agency 4 years ago. Attended 13 cases. No failed missions. None of his clients were harmed in his supervision." he finished. Aman nodded his head.

"I'll ask Vishant to contact his agency." Aman said.

"But what if he is already in a mission?" Avneet asked looking hopeful. Aman scoffed.

"Don't worry about that." he winked. Avneet groaned.

Hey guys!
Here is another chapter.Hope you liked it.

We are very close to our hero's entry. I'm excited. Are you? 😉

Oh and the sentence written in bold letters is your author's. 👻

Stay tuned to know more! 🥀

Don't forget to vote, share and comment! 🤗

Love ya'll! ❤️

-Isa