one

one

minho was woken up with a startle, chan shaking him harshly. it was so unlike chan, despite them being flatmates for months they had agreed on not barking into each other's rooms unless it was an emergency. and that had never happened before.

with an annoyed groan minho sat up at instant, facing chan with raised eyebrows.

"what now?" his voice came out harsher than he had intended, it clearly even startling chan a bit as the older took a step backwards just in case.

"i have to leave for work, my boss called me in" chan said, minho's frown deepening at that. that happened every now and then, it not being a valid excuse to wake him up like this on a saturday morning, the time being not more than a bit over seven.

"yeah?" minho gazed, small grin on his face. "something tells me there's more than that."

the more minho studied chan's movements, the less normal he seemed. something was definitely off. and even if minho didn't really show it, he was concerned.

chan forced a half-smile on his face.

"could you take care of hyunjin while i'm at work?"

the corners of minho's mouth dropped quickly, his lower lip finding its way between his teeth.

"excuse me?"

how did minho knew hyunjin? that was a complicating story to tell.

hyunjin and chan had known for ages, minho not really knowing the backstory of that. he assumed it was just because chan was friends with everyone, making new ones everywhere he went. what he did know, though, was that he absolutely couldn't stand the male. to begin with, hyunjin didn't have the best reputation in the university campus. the tall brunette english major was known to love being the centre of attention, being just a little stuck up because of that. to minho the male was an obnoxious brat who needed to be humbled.

the first encounter minho had had with the younger had been during their second university year when chan had brought his friends over, that being a total chaos.

chan had introduced him to changbin, jisung and seungmin, some guys he had connected with in the campus. changbin and jisung shared an interested in music with chan where as seungmin majored in psychology just like chan. hyunjin on the other hand had some classes together with both jisung and seungmin, them both immediately taking a liking on the campus prince. and obviously chan had been the happiest as they all ended up getting along well, always having dreamed of a own group full of cool people.

minho thought those three were fine, he had even gotten close to them, especially jisung who seemed to understand minho, not judging him for his moodiness like others did. but minho couldn't figure what they all saw in hyunjin. the tall brunette had been totally drunk, showing minho attitude the second they had met, even daring to speak to him informally although they had just met. and minho didn't tolerate careless brats like him.

that led them into fighting the whole night, both verbally and physically until chan had cut them off with his hyung card, scolding them both. but chan was the kindest person minho had ever met, trying his best to make them come along. he had even found something they both loved, which happened to be dancing, but that had only given them another reason to fight. but who was minho to stop him from coming over when it was chan's apartment as well. he wouldn't dare to even suggest giving the brunette dancer a ban to their apartment for the sake of their friendship.

"hyunjin's here?" minho didn't bother to cover his pique. "would think he'd be old enough to not need a babysitter."

chan sighed, his smile faltering but it seemed to be somehow off anyway.