Chapter 35 (Jangras POV) Loss Is A Loss

I looked around me for just a few moments, as no one moved a muscle, as it seemed like every one was hesitating far too much to do any thing, as I could tell that even though that Lunk had in fact talked to his team mates, I could still tell that they were a bit scared, and a bit afraid that they were about to get embarrassed.
Even though we had not won just yet, it looked like to all of them, that we had already won. To be fair, it kind of felt like we had in my eyes, as I had not even expected us to score a single point in this heavily unfair match against Kotas team, though it felt like a lot more of Lunks team from what I had seen so far, and the fact that Kota did not seem to speak at all at half time.
I rolled my eyes for just a few seconds, and then I looked around at every one, one last time, as that was when, it all went down. Every one on Lunks team came flying in to our side, as it was insanely chaotic, and I felt a bit bad for all of my team mates, as I knew that the most of them had never been under so much stress in their life.
I breathed in heavily, as I expected Lunks team to just plough through our team, as if they might have made some sort of genius plan to destroy us during their half time talks. How ever, it did not seem to be the case at all, as our team seemed to be handling them perfectly fine, as I saw just about every dragon get taken down around the first wall.
It was clear to me, that Nink had made a really good plan. I squinted my eyes a few times as well, as even if he was not a strong dragon so to say, I could tell that he was a smart dragon, as well as a fast dragon too. I felt like he could be as of much use for us, when it came to the battles that were going to happen very near in to the future.
I watched with a bit of a surprised smile on my face for quite a bit of some time, as I then watched Lunk get taken down quite easily at the exact same time as well, too. I let out a bit of a sigh of relief at the same time as well, as it looked to be to me, that things were going great for us.
I stared for just a few more seconds, as I watched a bunch of dragons fly past me, and then get taken down shortly after that as well. I let out quite a bit of a sigh, as all of the sudden, at the exact same time as well, I was suddenly tackled down by a dragon, as if I was not already on my own side, and it did not matter all that much.
I turned my head to the dragon, a little bit confused as to why they had done it, as they had kind of knocked the lights, and the breath out of me whilst they had done so. I did my best to regain my breath, as I had to figure that the dragon must have done it on accident, as they were not paying any sort of attention to me, as they might have been running from another dragon.
As I looked over at the dragon that had just done that to me, to my surprise how ever as well, I saw that the dragon that had done it, was in fact Penta, which confused me even more at the sane time too, as I tilted my head at her, as I saw her eyes squinted at me as well, as it looked like she had done it on purpose.
Had she made a plan with Lunks team, to sabotage us? I felt like I could in fact see Lunk doing some thing us cheap as that, as it was clear still, that Penta was still madly in love with Kota, even after the fact that she had got embarrassed by the whole tribe, and the fact that Kota had denied her on several occasions as well.
I was not sure what had been up with her, as at least she was not attacking me still, I suppose. I was still a little bit confused as to what it was that she was doing right now, and why she had done that to me in the first place. I tilted my head a little bit confused by her tactics at the same time too.
To my surprise, which was a lot different than the way she acted when I did that to her after our fight, she did not seem to budge at all, by the fact that I was staring her down. After a few seconds of silence how ever, a lot due to the fact that I was shutting out all of the back ground noise around me, she finally began to speak. I blinked a few times as well, as I then nodded to her at the same time too, and then I listened to hear as to what it was that she had to say to me in the first place.
"What are you doing Jangra?! Do you want to lose? Nink and I can't do this all by our selves!" She said to me, as I blinked a few times too, as if I had not heard a word as to what it was that she had said to me just now, as I stared at her with quite a blank look on my face through all of that interaction.
Penta stared at me for just a few moments longer as well, which did not seem to help either of us all that much, until she let out quite a loud growl to get my attention, kind of like she used to have to do when we were younger, and we always played games such as this one that we were playing now, back in the day.
I blinked quite a few times, at the exact same time as well, as it did a good job of clearing my thoughts, back to the present, and what had even been going on around me in the first place. I looked around me, as I saw my team, as I could tell that they were still holding off on Lunks attack, but at the same time too, I could also see that a couple of them had now got to our 2nd layer.
I had to assume that we would not last all that much longer until a dragon got in to the circle. I had to focus my attention on our attack, as I knew that we were only 1 point away from getting the victory on our side. I turned my head back over, as I looked back on to the other teams side, as I saw that Nink was all alone, and he was getting swarmed by the other team.
It was just like when it had been when we had scored our first point, but this time how ever, I could clearly see that the dragons still had their eyes out, just in the case that me and Penta tried to sneak in to the other side, such as we had done the very first time that we had scored a point.
I shivered a little bit, as I started to feel slim hopes once again, as to the fact that we would win, even though we were in fact in the lead. I could easily see 6 strong dragons bull through and entire team of 9 weak dragons, no matter how good our defense system even was in the first place.
I could not see the 3 of us going in and getting through 6 strong dragons how ever. I let out a bit of a sigh, as I saw Nink coming back to our side, after the fact that he had just got taken down, as I saw his head tilted a bit, as it was clear that he was a bit confused as to the fact as why we were not going over to try to help him right now.
I shook my head, as I knew what it was that I had to do now, as I then turned my eyes, and my glare back on to the face of Penta at the exact same time too, as I then nodded to her. She still did not look like she fully believed that I was ready how ever, which I did not blame her for, as it was not the first time that I had acted in such a way as to how I was doing right at this moment.
I blinked a few times, as I knew that I had to speak to her, to let her know that I was being serious, and that I was in fact, now paying attention to what it was that was going on around us. I stared at her, right in her eyes for a bit more time, until I let out quite a soft sigh, and then I began to speak up to her at the exact same time too.
"Lets get it done..." I said to her, as at the same time too, for some odd reason or another, which felt a bit strange for me to do, especially in front of a dragon such as this one that I was looking at, and speaking to, at this exact moment in time. I in fact cracked a bit of a smile at the same time too.
It was not a smile of me being in stress or freaking out at all, nor was it a smile of the fact that for some reason I viewed all of this funny. It was a smile of belief... I believed in us, even if no one else thought we could do this, I felt like we had gone this far... There was no reason for us to give up now.
Penta stared at me for just a little while longer as well, as I saw her then smile right back at me at the same time too, which was also quite a bit of a healthy surprise to me as well. Most of the time, she either could not stand being around me, due to the fact that she was still embarrassed about what had happened a few years ago, or she just did not like me at all.
I shook my head though, as I shook off those thoughts at the same time too. It did not matter if she did not like me or not... I was the leader, and she needed to treat me like I was one, which she was doing as we spoke this instance of course, so there was nothing for me to complain about at all at the exact moment in time.
Pentas smile did not last all that long at all how ever, as the look on her face all of the sudden turned in to a much more serious one. I blinked just a few times, as I was a little bit confused as to what was up with her. How ever, after just a little while longer, she finally began to speak up to me, and I nodded to her, to hear what it was that she had to say to me at the same time too.
"Alright Jangra... Lets get going then!" She said to me, as I saw the smile crack on her face at the same time too. At first as well, before all of this had even started, I could tell that she did not believe that we had a chance in any of this, but I could tell that look that she had on her face earlier, was now long left in the past.
It boosted my morale, as I was now too, starting to believe that we had a chance in this. I saw that Nink was catching up to us, as at first I had seen that he had quite an annoyed look on his face, but as he drew close to the both of us, that look was quick to disappear, as he had a smile on his face too, even though he did not have a clue as to why we were smiling at all.
Nink, was the one out of all of us, that believed we had a chance of winning this. Some times I wish that I could feel the way that he did at times, on things such as this. He always believed we had a chance, even with our backs against the wall. I nodded to him at the same time too, to let him know that I was also ready as well.
He nodded back to me, as it now felt like things were safe, and we were all ready to get started, and try to score our last point, even though it came back to me at the same time too, that we had not made a plan in the first place, on how it was that we would even be able to go and score on the other team, much less even get in to the circle.
I breathed in heavily, as I shook off all of those thoughts at the same time as well, as I knew that I had already wasted plenty of time, on the fact that I had been lost in my head, in a lot of negative thoughts, as I was still certain until the end, that we would not have a chance at winning this match at all.
We were up in this match how ever, and we were the ones in fact, that had them with their backs against the wall. Besides the fact that I had wasted a lot of time so far. I shook off those thoughts, as I all of the sudden saw Nink fly ahead, in just a flash, which shocked my quite a bit.
I was not sure what to do, as I knew that I should follow him, but it just surprised me so much, that I could not help but to hesitate, and think on what it was that I had just seen happen right in front of me. I shook my head once again, as just as soon as I had seen Nink do that, I saw Penta fly ahead of me at the same time as well.
This time, I did not hesitate at all, as I knew exactly what it was that I had to do, as I followed in the both of their foot steps, keeping the same big smile on my face, as I looked right in to the eyes of the other team at the same time as well. I could see that it confused them quite a bit too, which was good for us, as they looked a bit afraid, as it was clear that they were not sure what to expect from us.
To be truthful, neither did I, either, as I was just doing this off of the top of my head. I shook off those thoughts though, as I kept on flying in front of me. I saw Nink flying around, trying to dodge his way in to the circle, but it seemed to be doing no such good for him, even if there was only 2 dragons going after him, he kept on getting trapped in between the both of them, having to move him self further away from the circle.
I then looked on the right side of me, as I saw Penta trying to do the same as Nink was doing, except, she was not nearly as fast as Nink was, and it did not do all that much to help her at all, as it did not take very long for the 2 dragons that were trying to stop her, trap her with no where to go, in just a heart beat.
Penta, to my surprise how ever, squinted her eyes at one of the dragons, and then she flung her self right at the dragon. I could tell that it surprised the dragon quite a bit, as it was clear that the dragon had not expected that coming at all, as Penta easily pushed the dragon down to the ground at the same time too.
Unfortunately how ever, the 2nd dragon that was with her, did not seem to be in nearly the amount of shock that the first dragon had, when it had come at her like that, as the 2nd dragon went right over to Penta, as she had to slow down a bit, and regain control over her self, so that she did not fall down to the ground.
The 2nd dragon got right up on her back side, and slammed her to the ground quite a bit easily, I blinked a few times, as I stopped my self, as I was stuck, just like I had been a few moments ago, right when the 2nd half of the game had started in the first place.
I looked around, I bit it shock, as I was not sure what to do. I knew that I could try to fly in to the circle, as there was only 2 dragons trying to stop me, but at the same time too how ever, I also felt that it would be a bit hard, and I dipped my head a little bit low to the ground at the same time too, as I felt like I would not be able to do it.
Besides, what the hell was I even going to be able to do, once I even got in to the circle in the first place? I blinked a few times, as I gulped a fairly big gulp as well. I was nervous, and I was starting to have a little bit of a panic attack, as well as a nervous break down at the exact same time as well.
I shook my head, as I knew that now was not exactly the best time to be acting this way either. I knew that this was my perfect chance, out of any, for me to get in to the circle. If I waited any longer, than it meant that there was going to be a lot more than just 2 dragons there to try to stop me from getting in to that circle.
I blinked to my self, just a few times, and I was about to start heading over to where the 2 dragons were waiting for me right out side of the circle, when all of the sudden, I heard some very loud yelling come from the other side of the clearing at the exact same time as well, which stopped me right in my paw steps at the same time too.
I turned my head over to where I had heard the yelling come from, as I stared at our side of the gathering, worried that some one might have taken the game too seriously, and hurt some one. I blinked a few times, as I looked around seeing that it was not the case at all, luckily enough for me.
I wanted to let out a sigh of relief, until I then noticed as to why I had even heard yelling in the first place, as I stared ahead of me for a bit of some time, and then I heard another dragon yell the exact same thing that the last one had yelled. I stared for just a bit longer, as I then listened this time, as to what it was that the dragon had to say to every one.
"Lunk is getting in to the circle! Every one be aware!" I heard the dragon yell to every one around, to gather their attention on that fact. I gulped once again, as I saw a lot of scared looks on the faces of many of the dragons on my team, as I saw Lunk at the same time too, land right in to the circle, and pick up one of the 2 branches that were left standing there.
Lunk did not hesitate at all, which scared me even more than it did before, as, as soon as he got the branch, he then left the circle, just as quick as he had got in to the circle. He looked my way at the same time too, even though I was far away, and it was a bit hard for me to see, I saw a big smile then pop up on his face at the same time too.
I blinked a few times, as it did not take me all that long to realize as to why he had such a big smile, as it was clear to me, that he was happy to see that I still had not got in to the circle, and he knew he was about to tie up the game at the same time too, as he then shook his head as well, as it seemed like things were now getting serious.
I saw Penta heading back to our side, as she had quite a bit of a down look on her face, as she had her head dipped a bit low, as I could tell that she was paying no sort of attention as to the fact that Lunk had one of the branches, and he might be about to score. I wanted to yell to Penta, that way she might be able to stop him, but my voice seemed to be on mute at the moment.
I just continued to stare at Lunk, as I saw for some reason, a bit of some rage popped up on his face, as for some reason he was not happy at all, and he was very angry. I had to assume as to that reason might be due to the fact that we had the lead in this match, which did not seem like it would last all that much longer.
I knew that he did not want to get embarrassed, and I also knew if he was too lose this match, than it would be quite an embarrassing look on his part as well. I just stood in this same spot for a little bit longer how ever, as I watched Lunk fly in to the 2nd rank of defense for our team, as I saw our entire defense as well, flying right over to him.
It looked to me like he was trapped by about 9 different dragons, and I let out quite a bit of a sigh of relief, as it felt, and it looked like we would be able to stop him at the same time as well. That was, until, all of the sudden, to my very own surprise, I saw dragons flying back wards for some odd reason or another, as I tilted my head a little bit, as I was quite a bit confused on what was going on right now.
After I saw several more of my team mates fly back wards, to the ground, not too long after that, I then saw Lunk pop his head out of the middle of all of it, and he kept on flying back to his own side, as if nothing had happened at all, though I still did see quite the look of rage on his face through all of that.
There was nothing that any one could do to stop him at this point, as he was just a few dragon lengths away from scoring, with out a dragon in sight to try to stop him, not that it would matter all that much if they were even to try to stop him any ways, after what I had seen him just do.
I then saw Lunk land right on to the other side if the clearing, crossing the mid line, as the same smile that he had on his face just a few moments before, then seemed to pop up on his face once again. I blinked a few times, as I was in such shock, I was not so sure as to what it was that I should do, or what I should even say either.
I breathed in heavily, as I stared at him for a little bit longer, as I watched as he went over to the 2 small circles, where we put our branches, to notify the score. I stared for a little bit longer, as I watched him put his 2nd branch for his team down at the exact same time as well.
I was still stuck in place, holding the sane blank look on my face, as I then saw Lunk head right back up to the mid line, keeping the same smile on his face at the same time too. I blinked a few times, as I watched him stop at the mid line, and then stare right at me, as he began to speak as well.
"The game is now 2-2... And Jangra... Just because you have scored 2 points, does not mean you won... A loss is a loss..."