13

Chapter Thirteen

I wasn't sure what just happened as a go back to my room on the second floor, walking the halls there are some maids that are linger around at there doors, even though it is now 1:00am in the morning

I wasn't sure what just happened as a go back to my room on the second floor, walking the halls there are some maids that are linger around at there doors, even though it is now 1:00am in the morning. I grab onto the gold locket around my neck, which was missing until it was on my nightstand a couple of nights ago, thinking Sarah took it and I couldn't be bothered yelling at her.

My gold locket has a love heart shaped pendent with my mothers photo inside, I miss her so fucking much. I haven't seen her for so long, I wanted to ask Mika that she could go see her, but Mr Prick with really pretty eyes walked in with his hot scary brother. Shit! What em I saying, he is dangerous Remi, just look at Mika. Mika was a completely different girl she was confident and strong and always stand her ground but now she was just different.

I looked beyond the walls of the estate which the night breeze flowed through the cracked windows, the smell of pine and the sweet smell of the salty lake water that was across from the estate. It was still dark out but I could see the moon shinnying bright and full. Crazy things happen when there is a full moon and tonight was definitely weird. When Mr Smirnov put his forehead on mine, couldn't breathe, not one single breath.

Somehow I couldn't get him off my mind, I know there is something corrupt and forbidden going on I'm not blind neither dumb. I'm playing with fire here and if I'm in Mr Smirnov good side maybe he can let me go see my mother in the hospital. Payton already said his goodbyes when I hit the second floor, we didn't really talk much less made eye contact. It was fine with me though because going to the forbidden place called Mr Scary sexy mans bedroom was enough for me.

Instead of going into my bedroom I go to the kitchen and get some cookies and some warm milk, couldn't face Sarah and her judgemental face right now, not like everyone else. The chill of the marble stairs stab at my feet like walking on egg shells. I tip toe down and bolt for the kitchen, slowing my pace I enter quietly and see Sue with cookies and milk in her hand. Wait! She likes that too?

"What are you doing up late young lady?" her voice is soft, just like what a mother would speak to her child. Well would she know I was in Mr Simonov's bedroom and him making me want to squirm out of his rough grip but wanting to see what would happen next? maybe not. Going over where she is I plop down on the stool that was already out.

"Ah...You know late night munches. I love warm milk and cookies, especially in the middle of the night." She looks at me with a eye-brow raised and smile on her face. I didn't notice until now that Sue has a small scar on her face. It was only small but noticeable, the question was on the tip of my tongue but I held it in. Standing up I headed towards the fridge.

"Remi, I want you to be careful around here, okay? I'm worried about you," she looks down and drinks her milk. Was she maybe warning me? I wasn't sure but I wanted to find out. "Don't worry about me Sue, I'm careful, always." I smiled and we chatted until the sun started to start coming up.