"My friend, you know me too well," Wyatt said as he slapped his arm across Justin's shoulder. "Convincing you and Kay to let me co-host the events with Brooklyn was not my only plan. A woman like Brooklyn won't accept my apology if she doesn't truly believe I've changed. She needs to know the real Wyatt Lexington. A man who is loyal and trustworthy not dishonest and deceitful."

Justin laughed and shook his head. "After hearing you both earlier, I think it's safe to say you definitely have your work cut out for you."

Wyatt nodded his head in agreement and gulped down the rest of his champagne. He missed Brooklyn like crazy and he had to win her back. It may take the rest of the week, but by the wedding he was sure he'd win Brooklyn's trust, body and most importantly, her heart.

The clinging of metal against a champagne flute drew Wyatt and Justin's attention towards the front of the room.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," Brooklyn began. "We hope you all are enjoying the lovely h'ordeuvres, mimosas and champagne. Tonight, we want to continue the fun by inviting you all to join us for a night at Navy Pier. We'll start the evening at 5 p.m. in the hotel bar for happy hour. Once we arrive at Navy Pier, there will be several activities for you to partake in or you can just enjoy the views of the Chicago skyline from one of the most iconic areas in the city."

Wyatt missed the remainder of Brooklyn's speech as his eyes drifted from her luscious pink lips to every curve of her well-toned body. He watched her intently as she went around the room hugging a few of Kaydence's relatives after her speech. His thought's drifted to their most memorable night together two years ago but a man approaching Brooklyn from behind quickly snapped him out of his thoughts. As the gentleman leaned into Brooklyn and whispered something into her ear, Wyatt fought the jealously growing from within. A closer look revealed the man was one of Justin's groomsman.

"Calm down man, you look like you're ready to go over there and pounce on Tim," Justin said slapping Wyatt on his back.

"Shut up, man," Wyatt shot back.

"So from the look on your face I take it you didn't contemplate other men in your plan? " Justin asked, slightly shoving Wyatt with his elbow.

"No… I didn't," Wyatt said, a worried look now pasted across his face.

"Well, man, you better think fast because with the rest of the groomsmen arrive later today, so you'll definitely have some competition," Justin said shaking his head with a slight smirk.

Another light tap on glassware interrupted Wyatt's thoughts once more. "Oh and please don't forget the softball game tomorrow afternoon has been moved to 1pm, so the buses will pick us up at 12pm sharp," Brooklyn spoke into the mic.

"Come on, man," Justin said slightly tugging Wyatt's arm and leading him towards a nearby exit. "I want to run Kaydence's wedding present by you while she's occupied with her family."

*

Hours later, after discussing a few wedding plans and agreeing to run a few best man errands later in the week for Justin, Wyatt had attended happy hour before retiring for the evening. Navy Pier sounded fun, but when the rest of the groomsmen had arrived, Wyatt decided he needed time away from the group to gather his thoughts. Brooklyn can handle hosting the group alone tonight, he had concluded.

As he lay sprawled out on the couch positioned right by his open balcony door, he welcomed the light spring breeze. Taking out his mini notebook, he thought about everything he would need to concoct his new and improved plan to make Brooklyn his once more.

Notebook. Pen. Wedding schedule. Whiskey. He got up to retrieve a glass for the drink before reaching for the ice bucket. Empty. Ah, I forgot to get ice.

Wyatt made his way to the third floor, due to the ice machine on his floor being out of order and thought about the groomsmen.

Tim, Mike, Harris, Dean, Leonard. Wait who am I kidding? No need to worry about Leonard. He's a nice guy, but he never could talk to women. I'd almost applaud him for trying to talk to a woman like Brooklyn.

"Brooklyn?" Wyatt said as he rounded the corner of the vending area.

"Wyatt!" Brooklyn responded obviously caught off guard.

"You're on this floor?"

"No. The ice machine on my floor is out of order," he responded. "Getting a snack?"

"Um hmm, I need something sweet. My dinner just arrived to my room and they forgot to bring my dessert."

"Dessert before dinner," Wyatt said with a slight chuckle. "You never could eat dinner before dessert. One of your many cute quirks."

"Many?"

"Yeah," he said, as he got lost in thought. "Like how you believe that pinky promises are sacred and how you can't drive past an animal shelter without feeling sad for all the animals who may not find homes. Or the fact that you can't pass a cemetery without saying a prayer for the families who have loved ones buried there. You're strong and confident, but you wear your heart on your sleeve. You live by your values and expect people to uphold integrity and be nice to one another. When we first met, you believed in so many things with such zeal that I couldn't help believing in them to."

Wyatt suddenly stopped speaking, realizing that his rant had not just been in his head. He briefly questioned whether or not he'd actually said everything out loud.

But one look at Brooklyn proved he had. Damn.

Brooklyn walked past Wyatt leaving the vending area. "Do you want some dinner?" Brooklyn asked slightly glancing over her shoulder.

Wyatt quickly gained his composure and followed the direction Brooklyn had recently vacated. Hmm. Sharing my deepest thoughts worked?