Twenty- Nine

I laid back in the bed, trying to catch my breath. Riley lit a cigarette and settled down next to me. 'That was better,' he said.

He'd sent me a message the day after our audition, telling me to go over to his. He took me straight to bed to 'rehearse.' There was no talking beforehand. We weren't friends. We were there for one reason.

'Thanks,' I said. I'd kind of forgotten over the last hour or so who he was. Now I was naked and exposed on his bed, I felt different again. I pulled his sheets up over me.

'Maybe it was the cameras that put you off. I think next time we should film ourselves. We can watch it back after to see where we're going wrong.'

'Next time?' I said. I had assumed it would be a one off.

'Yeah,' he said. 'We've got one week. If you really want the job, then I expect you here every night until it's perfect.'

'I don't think it was the camera that put me off,' I said.

He turned to look at me. 'You must really hate me, huh?'

'I really loved my job and my life, and you ruined it all. Why did you do that?'

I didn't know if I was expecting an honest answer from him, but he didn't seem to have softened to me.

'Listen,' he said firmly. 'That's in the past. You're going to have to get over that, otherwise, you're going to fuck your future up too. If you do that, then you've got nobody but yourself to blame.'

'I just don't get it. You did everything you could to ruin my life, but now you're trying to help me. Why?'

He laughed. 'You really think I'm trying to help you?'

'Well aren't you?'

'No, I'm trying to help myself. If Paul sees something in you, then I trust him. He was the one who gave me my big break and launched my career. He's lined me up with more guys than I am remember to film with. I've fucked every last one of them, without any problem. I don't want him to think I'm losing it. If you look bad, I look bad.'

'But you're a huge star. You only have to say the word and he'll put you in the film with Kai instead.'

'I'm trying out with Kai tomorrow, but I'm not a quitter. You were the one Paul chose first. If you're the one he wants, then I'll try make it work. But if we don't get this right, then you're out and Kai's in.'

'Okay, I'll try harder.'

'Now get dressed and go. I've got things to do.'

I nodded. We'd finished our practice session and he clearly wanted me out. His feelings for me hadn't changed at all. This was just business.

Twinkजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें