Twenty- Three

I woke up early the next day to get ready for my audition at two. I was excited, but the closer it got, the more butterflies appeared in my stomach. I didn't have any lunch. I was scared that I'd be so nervous I'd throw up in his office.

I showered, trimmed and put my best underwear on again, knowing that in a few hours I'd be presenting it to Paul, his camera and the random guy I'd be auditioning with.

I got a taxi to the office. I didn't really have enough money, as my rent was due and I didn't have even have that. But I didn't want to show up all hot and sweaty from the walk. I told the girl at reception my name and waited outside again. Two minutes later I was called in. There was nobody in there before me, which was reassuring. It made me think that I wasn't one of many who'd received a call back.

'Milo, good to see you again,' said Paul. He shook my hand. He had a wide, genuine smile across his face that suggested he was really pleased to see me again. It made me feel at ease for a few moments, before realising why I was there and tensing up again.

I looked around the office as I walked in, expecting to be my soon-to-be co star. He hadn't been in the waiting room, so I'd assumed he must have been in there. But we were alone.

'Take a seat, 'said Paul. 'We're just waiting for Riley to get here.'

'Riley?' I asked.

'Yes, you're going to be auditioning with him today.'

'Is he new to this line of work too?'

'No, Riley has worked with us for a few years. He's one of our big stars. If you get the job, you'll be in the movie with him.'

This sounded good. To be introducing me to the star of the movie, I must be down to the last few.

'How many people will Riley be auditioning with?' I asked. I knew it was a cheeky question, but I needed to know.

'Just you at the moment,' said Paul. 'We need to see if the chemistry is right between the two of you. If it is, then the job is yours. If not, then we'll go out to our second or third choice.'

Just me?!

My dream was in touching distance. Unless something really bad happened, I was in. I was more than comfortable with my sexual performance. The only thing that could go wrong, was if Riley didn't like me.

The door opened behind me. 'Sorry I'm late,' said a voice, I assumed Riley.

'No problem,' said Paul. 'Come on in and near your potential new co-star.'

I put on my best smile. I needed to make a good first impression.

'This is Milo, 'said Paul. 'Milo, this is Riley.'

I turned around to see the blonde guy who'd got me fired from the bar and exiled from the gay village.

Fuck!