»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 5«

Start from the beginning

"Imraan I-"

Without giving her a chance to talk, he started clapping his hands mockingly.
"Congratulations, Mrs. Azeen! You have succeeded in your plan. You have successfully managed to not only tarnish your father's reputation but have also ruined your life. Congratulations for finally destroying your life."

"Imraan you? You of all people are taunting me? You were always by my side and now you're siding with Baba?"
Azeen asked, weeping.

"It's not about siding, zee. I was, I am and I always will be on your side."

Calming himself, he added,
"Look I know that between you and uncle there are some serious issues. But, zee, just to prove him wrong you didn't have to go this far."

"What did he say to you? How did he brainwash you?"
She asked, already getting angry at her father for influencing her best friend.

"What?"
He looked at her in disbelief.

"I don't know what he said to you but that time I had no other option. He cornered me. In Fact, he forced me to-"

"For Allah's sake, zee, stop it. Stop acting as if you are the victim."
He yelled.

"No one! No one forced you to say yes to the marriage. You yourself agreed to it. Even when I asked you said yes. So stop it. Stop f**king pretending as if you were forced. And what did you say? You had no other option?"
He snickered.

"I was just a call away. You could have told me. I would have made uncle understand. But no. You thought I was not good enough to handle the situation. You know what you never thought me as your friend, Azeen."
He said hurt evident in his voice.

"No, imraan. You are the only person I trust. You are the only friend I have."

"Really? Then why didn't you say anything to me? Why?"

"Because I knew. I knew that if I told you then you would have taken the blame on yourself. And we both know the aftermath. Knowing everything, how could I put you in danger?"
She spoke as he looked away.

A few minutes later, Imraan uttered.
"Do you know where you have gotten yourself in?"

Azeen looked at him confusedly as he continued,
"That guy… Fawad… two years ago he was arrested. He even was in jail in charge of attempting to murder."

"He was framed! The court even admitted it."
Azeen said in Fawad's defense.

"How can you be so sure? He could have gotten out by bribing the police."

Imraan knew that Fawad was framed. His informer confirmed the news. But he wanted to see Azeen's reaction.

"No! He didn't do anything. He was framed. I know. Believe me."
She repeated herself.

"What if he-"
Imraan was cut off by Azeen.

"He was framed!!!" 
Azeen almost screamed as Imraan continued to look at her intensely. As if he was trying to read her. And he succeeded in it.

"It was a coincidence that he was there at the crime scene. He-"
Realizing her mistake, Azeen stopped talking and then looked away.

"Is he the one you talked about?"
Without beating the bush, he asked directly.

Azeen meekly nodded, making him sigh.

"So both of you really planned to get married eloping?"
He asked, making her gulp nervously.