Chapter 10

"What do you think about skipping school today?" Cameron asked me as I pulled myself into his overly sized truck and shut the door. He had pleading eyes and his entire torso had shifted, facing entirely in my direction. His teeth began to become visible as his lips formed into a side smirk. The uncertainty in me must have made him even more nervous than before, so he reached over, placing his right hand on my knee. "Please?"

"S-Sure," I stuttered back to him. I had no clue at all what we were going to be doing, but something told me that he already had plans and would accomplish those plans with or without me. I began to feel a little excited at the fact that I was ditching school for the first time ever.. with Cameron. I felt a bit of adrenaline rush through me, feeling as if this is one of the most exciting things to happen to me.

My life must be pretty lame if ditching school is the most danger I could accomplish in my lifetime, but still. I was worthy enough of being begged into doing it. He must have something fun planned, or something important. Either way, my excitement of the adventure boiled in my blood.

"You had nothing important today, did you?"  he asked as he casually drove past the school, not even caring what he was doing. He continued to take his eyes off the road to look at me, causing me to shyly glance back at him.

"I had a test yesterday, and I have two tests tomorrow," I stared into his green eyes, assuring him that everything would be just fine. I noticed that he took his right hand off the wheel, steering with the left as it rested on his thigh. His muscles began to relax and he let out a long yawn before looking back at me. "I have absolutely nothing today... I'm all yours."

He shot me a cheeky grin, causing the lines at the ends of his smile to become deeper as his eyes squinted. It was hard to believe this boy was a senior; his cuteness and personality ranged to be a freshman, but his hotness was that of a 23 year old. He was so handsome and looked mature. I could get lost in his green eyes forever, knowing that they were filled with nothing but honesty and life. Anyone could tell how genuine Cameron was just by looking at his smile which was nothing but a gift to the world. He reached for the radio with his right hand and breathed, "good," before the sound of music flowed through the car with the push of a button.

My hands were held in my lap the entire way to wherever we were headed, intertwined as the clamminess grew more prominent. I wasn't as nervous as I made myself look out to be, I was just anxious as to where we were going. 

Lowly humming to the music, Cameron was beating his thumbs on the steering wheel and slowly began to start singing along. I had always known he had a bit of talent to his voice, but it had grown to be beautiful and dominate. I watched his lips as he sang every word to a song I had never heard; his eyes grew soft and he sometimes closed his eyes when he hit the higher notes. Cam was singing more at a whisper than full-on rocking out. He was basically an angel.

The song faded and the radio hosts came back on and started talking, so he turned it down and looked to me; I was still starring, almost in shock.

"I-I didn't kn-know you could sing like that," I mumbled to him, feeling the heat rush through my cheeks.

He chuckled hard and threw his head back, "I think this is a bad time to tell you I can play the guitar, piano, and drums as well." He continued to laugh and I joined in as well, my eyes immediately grew into shock for sure this time.

"I had no idea...." I slowly shook my head in disbelief as I felt every ounce of myself tensed up. He began to chuckle, a loud hum coming deep from his chest and out of his throat. "What's so funny?" I asked him before he turned to look at me, peering through his squinted lids.

"I was just kidding about the piano, guitar, and drums. You should have seen your face!" he continued to chuckle and I couldn't help but slap him on the arm. His attention was shortly drawn back to the road and his sweet laugh started to fade away. By now, I could tell we were in downtown Austin. Making a few turns here and there, he pulled his truck into a parking space outside of a building. Without question, I hopped out of the car with him, making our way up the wooden steps inside the sketchy building. I didn't bother to even look at the name of the building on the outside, which was dumb on my part; for all I know, he could have brought me to Joe's Whore Shack or a crack house and I was following him without hesitation. I giggled out of nervousness, my hands shaking along with the emotion that overpowered me.