Chapter 6

I made eye contact with him, and his mouth slowly began to close.

I don't even think he managed to blink once as he continued to look at me.

My face must have been a deep crimson red; I thought I had gotten away with going to school without seeing him. Turns out Cameron is in my last class so there is practically no escaping now.

He was located on the opposite corner of the room sitting in front of the teacher's desk. He didn't once look away until the teacher directed the class to the projector for a lesson. I watched as his jaw  clenched, and his eyes wandered away from me. The occasional secretive glancing continued between us, but when he turned around to look at me, I tried to make myself look interested in the lesson.

That was the advantage I had due to the fact that I was in the back and he was in the front; I could stare at him all I wanted without him knowing, but my peripheral vision let me know when he happened to glance at me.

I noticed that his back muscles were defined through his shirt; he wasn't a really big, beefy kind of muscular, but very toned. His tan skin was beautiful in contrast to the bright blue shirt he was wearing, and at one point I had a glimpse of chest hair peeking out of his V-neck.

Frequently he stretched backwards with his hands behind head, causing the elastic around his boxers to become visible along with some of his abdomen.

Aside from the fact that I hated Cameron, he was a total babe. It's true that time, puberty, and high school can really change a person, and a fine example of that was Cameron, and of course myself I guess.

The moment I had been waiting for since I stepped foot in the class finally came; the bell rang. I literally had all of my books and notes thrown into my bag within seconds before I raced to the door.

I wanted to make it out of the school as quickly as my feet would allow me to so I could avoid any interaction with Cameron, but I couldn't even manage to do just that.

"Hey Jewels! Wait up!" I heard someone yelling at me from behind, and the voice grew closer and closer.

I didn't stop; I just decided to slow down without looking behind myself. I've been fearing this moment since his name popped into my head again several days ago; I had no idea what would happen if we were reunited.

I still didn't want to be his friend though.

"What the hell, Jewels!" Cameron breathed. As I looked up at him, a small grin appeared on his face, causing me to look away again.

"Hello to you too," I said sarcastically as I stared straight ahead, continuing to walk.

We started to attract stares from people. In shock or jealousy or confusion as to the whole situation between me and Cameron in the first place. I continued to walk, picking up speed so I could escape the stares and could be home already. He continued to catch up with me, but didn't say anything for almost a good minute.

"...so that was you at the funeral..." he trailed off and I nodded. "I didn't even recognize you..."

"I'm aware." I stated blankly.

Before we knew it, we were outside in the parking lot. I kept walking home, but he didn't even stop.

"Do you walk to school as well?" I asked him, giving him a quick glance and he looked nervous.

"Uhhh no. My truck is in the parking lot.."

"You should drive it," I said, trying to get rid of him.

"As long as you go with me," he said back.

"No thanks, I'd rather walk."

"Then I'd rather walk too," he chuckled, but I wasn't amused.