Chapter 9

MOVING GIF OF "CAMERON" ON THE SIDE I HOPE THE FEELS HIT YOU HARD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I finished tying my high-top chucks on the couch before I walked to the kitchen, grabbing an apple and a bottle of water. Lastly after grabbing my backpack, I walked out of the door and jumped when I heard the sound of a loud horn honking.

Cameron was sitting in the driver's seat of his big black truck, giving me a huge grin and laughing under his breath. I walked up to the big vehicle and leaned over the open window; it was so high I could barely reach it.

"Want a ride to school, nerd?" he said winking at me.

I shook my head in disbelief, "that sounds wonderful."

I opened the door and had to take a big leap to even get in the truck, carefully inching my way in. Even using the stepper, I had trouble.

"You'll get used to it," he laughed as he watched me struggle.

I smiled at the fact that he planned on giving me lots of rides in the future; I probably began to blush so I closed the door and looked out of the window.

"...so how are you today?" he asked with a slow tone of voice.

"I'm fine, much better than yesterday," I took a huge sigh of relief and he nodded. When he looked at me again, I managed to take notice in his eyes with the sunlight; they were so unbelievably green. Not to mention when he smiled right after it, I got goose bumps and looked down in embarrassment while I 'fixed' my t-shirt.

"What?" I muttered to him, annoyed that he was still starring at me.

"It's just weird that I get to finally be with you all the time, that's all," and he looked back at the road.

I blushed a horrendous color, looking out the window again to avoid his eye contact. As I starred out the window, the school came into view.

He whipped right into the parking lot, taking up two spaces. "Inconsiderate much?" I giggled as I hopped out of the car and slung my bag over my shoulder.

"Hey now. I don't want anyone to scratch my baby," he smirked.

"And I suppose you named it as well?" I sarcastically rolled my eyes at him, but I actually came to find that he was nodding.

"Yeah, her name is Black Beauty." I didn't know whether to laugh at him or walk away, so I just hit him on the arm as I met him on the other side of 'his baby'. Wow, I could really feel his muscle when I slapped his bicep. Was he flexing because he knew I would do that or are his arms always like that?

Walking into the school cafeteria, eyes shot up at us. I forgot that Cameron was kind of a big thing in this school, so everyone was probably wondering what nerd girl was doing with him. Thankfully everyone was dismissed a few moments after and the stares quickly began to disappear.

"What class do you have now?" Cameron asked me as he readjusted his backpack on his shoulders.

"AP Chemistry in room B121," I said looking up at him.

"Oh you're not far from me," he started walking and turned around to motion with his hand for me to follow him. I guess I was just standing there, but I didn't notice because I was watching him; I loved everything about him. I quickly caught up to him with a step and we continued to walk together through the hallway.

A bunch of guys and girls were greeting him and giving him high fives. He often glanced down at me, and I would look up and give him a smile. He wasn't much taller than me... maybe a head and a half, but Cameron was very tall. I'm around five feet and nine inches tall, but he is well over six-two. He towered over a lot of people, and I was just amazed with how different everything seemed with him. He wasn't that cool or popular growing up, and now he is the man to be. He's that senior that everyone wants to know and wants to date and wants to be best friends with. Luckily, that person was me.