Chapter One

The first day. The beginning of a long journey, the start of a dream. Anna Reynolds breathed in an enormous sigh as she reached for the doorknob. The golden doorknob shone before her eyes, deliciously inviting her into a new adventure. The hands of many, many people before her had touched that same doorknob before entering the start of living their dreams. Her heart racing nervously, she gripped the doorknob and turned it. She tucked a strand of her long brown hair behind her ear, as she always did when she was nervous. Letting out her breath, she pushed the door in and walked inside, not sure what to expect, and hoping that her shy personality wouldn't take over. She didn't want to be shy and nervous. She wanted to be outgoing and confident, but that wasn't the kind of person she was.

In the split second in which she walked into the room, a thousand thoughts raced and intertwined through her mind. It was the first time she was meeting the rest of the cast members, and she wanted to make a good first impression, of course. All of the other main characters in the movie, Les Misérables, were played by actors and actresses that were well-known. Anna, on the other hand, wasn't. She had been in a few Broadway musicals, but she had never been a principle role. When she auditioned for the role of Éponine in Les Misérables, she never thought she could be the one to get the role with it being such an important movie, remaking a classic book and play. But, she got the role, and she was extremely grateful.

She closed the door quietly behind her and made her way over to the group of people. That day was just a day for all of the cast members to get to know each other. It was important to have pre established relationships amongst each other to make the acting come naturally. From what she saw, the only other people that were there so far were Hugh Jackman and Eddie Redmayne, which made her even more nervous.

Her Oxford shoes made slight imprints in the soft rug with each step she took, making no sound. As she walked, she straightened out her high waisted navy skirt and the oversized sweater that she had tucked into it. With another silent deep breath, she continued to make her way over to them. On the outside, she had a completely normal expression. After all, she was an actress.

When he heard her approaching, Eddie turned around to see who was coming. Noticing this, Hugh did the same.

With a friendly smile, Eddie said, "Hi! It's nice to meet you, I'm Eddie." When she had reached him, they shook hands.

"I'm Anna, it's great to meet you too," she said as their hands broke apart.

Once they finished their greeting, Hugh said, "And I'm Hugh. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about you, Miss Reynolds."

She smiled at him, relieved to hear that she already had a good impression on such an outstanding actor. "Wow, thank you. It's really an honor to meet you." Hugh chuckled at her response as they shook hands, and she felt as though she was very welcome there.

"So, are we early or is everyone else late?" Eddie asked, checking the time on his watch.

Anna glanced at the clock hanging on the wall, and answered, with a grin, "Neither. We're on time."

"Ah, a clever one," Hugh remarked with his Australian accent, the same grin spread across his face.

The three of them continued to make small talk as they waited for everyone else to show up. As they talked, Anna looked around the room they were in, wanting to take in every little detail to remember forever. The room was painted a pleasant yellow color, with a light blue rug and grey couches. There was a TV and plenty of food, just a typical room to hang out in. It was the first day before endless days of shooting and stress. They were all going to enjoy it.

After a little while, everyone had finally arrived and introduced themselves to each other. The nerves inside Anna had begin to subside, as she realized how nice and funny everyone was. She realized that they were all in similar situations, as most of them hadn't really met before. In the room was Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, Sacha Baron Cohen, Amanda Seyfried, and Aaron Tveit. The only one who could really relate to her was Aaron, as he was from the same state in America as she was and they both did musicals.