Hongjoong thinks he was just jealous Seonghwa was both out of this world handsome and incredibly rich at the same time.

Now that he and Seonghwa are somewhat... friends (thanks to Yeosang), Hongjoong would love to keep their friendship not just because they have a mutual friend, but to actually hang out together. Even so, he gets unusually nervous when he's alone with Seonghwa anywhere, his sparkling eyes are too blinding for him. He wonders how Seonghwa feels about him.

He probably doesn't think anything, he's just Yeosang's neighbour. But Hongjoong can't lie, he hopes Seonghwa sees him as a friend and not just his best friends neighbour, otherwise all those friendly behaviours towards him during the competition might have been a misunderstanding.

Hongjoong tries listening to what Seonghwa's saying but two people behind him are gossiping so loudly, he accidentally eavesdrops on their conversation.

"I heard Mr Park didn't take part in the decision of the final piece"

"What? But he's the one behind the whole competition, how can he not decide!"

"Don't say I told you this but... I heard that he personally knows one of the contestants".

Hongjoong almost turns around in surprise, his legs bouncing faster with his anxiety rushing around his body.

"He knows someone here. Then... did they get into the competition because Mr Park too- Isn't that so unfair? Someone else could've had their spot" Hongjoong focuses on something else, trying not to listen to them anymore.

"Nah it's just a rumour I doubt Mr Park would do something like that, maybe he didn't take part in the voting because he just trusts the other judges that much" Hongjoong bites his nails, they're being too loud. He wants to stand up and find another seat but he's too awkward to do that. 

Thankfully, Seonghwa commences the announcing of the winners and the two behind him finally stop talking. First being the two runner ups.

Hongjoong holds his breath, even being a runner up would be the biggest honour for him. He sits there and prays, hoping for them to call his name.

But two other names are called, one being one of the gossipers behind him. Their friend is squealing and clapping in joy and Hongjoong claps with a small smile for them as they walk to the stage, get a certificate and a cheque (the runner up prize) and take pictures with Seonghwa.

Hongjoong wishes that could be him but he has little hope now. He hoped he could get at least runner up but he isn't one of them, there's no way he's the winner, he's seen some other contestants work and his mind was blown. There are some seriously talented people here and Hongjoong knows he has no chance against them. They probably went to a prestigious fashion school, or paid heaps for a fashion course, he really has no chance.

The room goes quiet again as Seonghwa is about to announce the winner. "This piece was flawless, gaining 29/33 of the judges votes, it was one that perfectly captured the theme of identity while also looking fashionable. This designer is extremely talented and Mars Couture are proud to give the internship to them and call them the winner of this competition".

Hongjoong's heart sinks as he hears the description of the winner, it's definitely not him. He looks around and he feels like he's the only nervous one. Everyone else is holding their head up high, confident looks on their faces, they all look like they just got the news that they won. He wishes he could be like them.

"Congratulations Kim Hongjoong"

.

Hongjoong sits up, eyes widening after having blanked out for a second there. He can see clapping and people cheering but he can't hear anything, his thundering heart is too loud. He looks at Seonghwa, who nods at him, smiling widely and, with shaking legs he makes his way up to the stage.