scars and open wounds

Bumi has always been curious about his fathers scar, as a kid he imagined a great battle where his father won being strong and brave...but as years passed he seriously  began to ask why his father had that big scar on the back, and since everytime he tried to ask his parents he would receive a "Ask your father" or a "sorry I forgot to feed Appa buddy, Ill tell you later" he decided that he was going to discover it himself, so today...a nice sunny day...his family was aheading to the Fire Nation for an important meeting since Izumi was going to become Fire Lord in a few weeks, that was the perfect accasion for walk in the palace and search for informations about that scar, after all the Fire Nation has the biggest library in all the 4 nations...so it has to be there, right?

"KYA IF YOU ASK IF WERE ARRIVED ANOTHER TIME I SWEAR THAT ILL KILL YOU RIGHT HERE!" screamed Bumi to his sister

"BUMI WE DONT SPEAK THAT WAY KYAS YOURE-" Katara was interrupted by Kya screaming "SORRY BUMI IF I NEVER SAW THE FIRE NATION BEFORE AND IM EXCITED"

"TENZINS YOUNGER THAN YOU AND HE NEVER ASKED ANYTHING"

"ITS NOT FAIR, HES SLEEPING!"

"UGHHH DAD TELL ME WERE HERE PLEASE" screamed the nonbender

"we all know that youre here only because of Izumi" muttered Kya

"THATS AT LEAST A GOOD REASON TO BE HERE, WHY ARE YOU HERE? TO SCREAM ALL DAY?"

"AND YOU?" screamed back Kya

"STOP PLEASE, WERE ALL TIRED OKAY? WERE ALMOST THERE" screamed Katara, then she walked near Aang on the head of the bison and whispered "are we almost there right?, please tell me were here" Aang slightly chuckled at the sound of Kataras voice "actually...WERE HERE"  "Thank God" said Katara giving him a quick kiss on the lips, Bumi groaned and fell of the bison, Kya went to wake Tenzin...making him fell on the ground, they suddenly saw Izumi running towards them and giving them a little bow "im so happy youre all here-" "so...how becoming a Fire Lord feels?" asked Aang with a bright smile placing a hand on her shoulder "well-" suddenly Zuko and Mai arrived "Zumi, Fire Lords shouldnt run" said Zuko with a loving voice "dont be so hard on her shes just a teen" said Mai while walking towards the family "-a teen and the ruler of a nation" said back Zuko "-I dont want to argue now" the woman finally faced Bumi, Kya and Tenzin...she never saw them before since it was always Zuko going to the United Republic while she was ruling the Nation as Fire lady "Im Mai, Izumis mom, its an honor meeting you all" she said with a little smile forming on her lips, her gaze met Bumi "youre Bumi right? My daughter told me about you" they shook their hands, after this the tall woman began chatting with their parents, Bumis eyes met Izumi and they suddenly hugged "I missed you so much" "can I kiss you?" "maybe not in front of my dad?" "okay" (A/N: please tell me someone got the reference)  while their families talked, the boy tried to sneak out "where are you going?" said Izumi Bumi shrugged "I was trying to-" Zuko suddenly placed his hands on her daughters shoulders "Zumi, you may follow us in the meeting room, soon enough youll have to be there, come on" the girl sighed and looked down "yes dad, coming" she glanced at Bumi to say him bye and she was immediately surrounded by all kinds of councilmen and advisers...she was tired, Bumi could tell it by her eyes, at this time she would already teased him or laughed with him...but today she didnt...he began walking trough the corridors of Fire Nation Palace, opening some doors he walked in a dark room, just when he was going to light a candle a womans voice spoke "dont do that" his back shivered "I- Im sorry, Ill-" "dont worry, its nice to hear some new voices sometimes...dont lit up the candle, I like the dark...it helps me to think" Bumi gulped, as everyone would be, he was scared...she was talking to a voice in the dark after all...he could feel the woman slightly smile in the air of the room "I can feel youre esitant breathing from here, Ill not harm you, it would be useless...what id earn by doing that?" this was supposed to calm him, but it scared him even more "im sorry m'am, who are you?" "God they dont teach anything at school these days...I guess that I should show my face to you...but Im not really in the mood now, can I have your name please?"  "I- Bumi" he said firmly "mh, the last time I met a Bumi it didnt go all that well you know...but now that i think of it...Ive heard about you, youre the Avatars son, its a pleasure" "likewise..." "well Bumi, why are you here?" "I- uh I was searching for the bathroom" "I may be crazy but im not dumb, you see, im good at lying and I know when people are doing that to me" "its...its complicated" "oh we have plenty of time here young man, let me tell you something: people usually forget that im here, that i exist...so its pretty lonely here, I see the guard that leaves me the food that im not gonna eat and everyday its just the same...will you talk for a lonely old lady?" "thats...horrible, why are you here then?" "mhh its complicated, lets just say that ive done thing that im not proud of but now im good, for real...people just dont trust me anymore...now will you tell me why you were opening doors in this wing of the palace?" "well...my father, as you know, is the Avatar and he has a big scar on the back...my parents avoid the subject and wont tell me so im here searching for information" "mh...I know something about that, if you want, I can tell you more...but can you tell me about what is happening out of this room?" she gave him her hand, Bumi shook it, "deal" "so...tell me, Bumi, hows the Fire Lord doing, and Izumi? tell me about her" "why do you want to know about the princess?" "I...I really care about her, shes like a daughter to me you know" "she never told me about you" "shut up and tell me about my niece-" the woman covered her mouth at the word that slipped out of her mouth "niece?" "Bumi, please, I swear that I just want to see her and hear about her...I saw her many years ago when she was little and she looked almost the same as me at her age" Bumi sighed and began talking "shes 18 and um shes going to become Fire Lord in a few weeks, shes a non bender and she has a boyfriend" "thats all? wait- shes gonna become Fire Lord? I have to see her, If I tell you about the scar would you bring her here?" "um sure" "well...all I know is that he was at Ba Sing Se and that a crazy fire nation girl shoot him with lightning, thats probably why your parents wont talk about it because youre father almost died that day" "thats all? Who shoot him?" "I dont know, now will you let me see Izumi?" "I- ugh fine, Ill be back soon" the boy walked out of the room to see Izumi, still near Zuko, walking out of the meeting room, he managed to walk towards her but some guards stopped him  "Princess Izumi  needs a moment with Fire Lord Zuko" "um, yeah sorry"