Happy Birthday

A/N: This isnt one of my usual themes cuz its Korrasami, but i had this stuck in my mind and had to write it somewhere.

the little girl managed to see what her mom was doing, her height didnt help thought, the woman chuckled at the sight of her daughter "mommy what are you doing?" the woman placed the child in her lap and talked "im doing my make up sweetie, wanna try?" the kid clapped her hands together as a sign of approval, the black haired woman managed to put some purple eyeshadow on her daughters face, "there you go, you look awesome" she said looking at their reflection in the mirror.

"yeah...we do" murmured Asami in her pillow, Korra earing her girlfriend talk woke up, "uh?" she said still half-asleep, the nonbender finally woke up "um...nothing" 

-its today...- she thought

Korra placed an arm around Asamis waist, looking at her full of love and placing a kiss on her neck while smelling the scent of her hair, Asami replied with a weak smile and sighed, "hey, whats wrong? Is it me?" said Korra gently stroking her hair, "i said its nothing dont worry" she said giving her girlfriend a peck on the lips and getting up "were waking up this early?" complained Korra with a groan "I have to work today" "I know cant you just stay here for a minute?" said Korra with puppy eyes pulling Asami by her shirt "not now...plus im not in the mood" Korra was confused...she was hiding something "you know you can tell me anything right?" she said looking in her green eyes, "I know" she said walking away, heading to her office.

Asami liked her work, she really did, but some days it was the most boring thing in the world, and today was one of these days, she was in front of an old project she made in her teens...a little flying machine for the police so that it didnt have to use an whole airship to carry a couple of officers...it was just a draft, a sketch, so she had to find a solution to made it work somehow, she heard a knock on the door "come in" a grinning Korra rushed in the room "what are you doing here? shouldnt you training by now?" said  Asami smiling a bit, Korra sat in front of her "I kind of escaped from Air Temple Island in my 5 minutes of break, what are you doing?" "I have to weld this two pieces together so that the middle wing of this thing can move and- what are you smiling at?" "uh? i was smiling? Its just...i love when you explain me this things, it reminds me how smart you are" Asami smiled in response, suddenly Korra noticed that today was red on the calendar "what happens today?" Asamis face saddened again, "nothing, i told you" the avatar picked the calendar up -Yasukos birthday- Korra realized, Asami buried her face in her arms, leaning on her desk "its her birthday" she muttered "my moms birthday" Korra ran to her and hugged her, "its ridicolous, shes dead why should I-" "youre not ridicolous, i-im sorry i didnt know" She faced Korra, tears forming in her eyes. "me and dad used to go to her tomb but then he got arrested and now hes- hes dead and-" "what if- what if I meet her? You never told me about her" "really?" Korra hugged her one more time.

                                                                                   **************

Asami went first, the avatar decided to stay back to let her have her time.

"hi mom" she said placing a red rose in front of the tombstone, she sat down and began to talk "things are going well...its stupid talking to rock but it helps you know...I dont think you wanted me to be sad on this day, you always wanted the best for me...babe you can come"

Korra shily made her way and sat near Asami, her eyes traveled to Yasukos photo.

"she was beautiful" she breathed

"when I was little she always managed to put some eye-shadow on my face, dad always got mad cause i was too little but she did it anyways because it made me happy, then one day she wished me good night and when i woke up i smelled smoke and heard people scream...then all went black and once i woke up my mom wasnt there, I later discovered that my parents didnt love eachother as much as i thought, then i began putting on eye-shadow everyday so that i couls be near her always" she said smiling weakly

"its horrible...how you didnt become an equalist after all this?"

"I did hate benders at the beginning but then i realized that was my fathers fault...he didnt pay some dept and he paid the price...at least my mother did"

"im sure she was a wonderfu woman, like you"

"she was...I never had someone to told this stuff to...its nice"

they interwined their fingers together

"...its really nice" She finally breathed

A/N: hope u liked this one, keep commenting^^