XVII - every action has a consequence

Start from the beginning

"Well, well what a surprise, leaving already? And I was hoping for round two of the game of tag." Y/n quietly muttered. But despite the nonchalance drenching her voice which remarked how sure the girl was of the outcome of Krone's staying at Grace Field house, Y/n was surprised the woman was leaving the house so abruptly. Moreover, without a proper goodbye.

"That's so weird." She once again whispered for only herself to hear and in that moment of tension and a rush of adrenaline the girl opened up the window, creeping closer to the metal bars.

By that action, Y/n wanted to get a better look at Krone and her behavior which was already difficult enough for the simple fact that the woman was already so far away. But by opening the window, Y/'s focus was soon shifted to another issue. One that chimed in when Y/n stepped closer to the metal construction. It was quite so rusty. To be fair, tremendously rusty, and the one thought that stumbled inside Y/n's mind was how long it would take for the bars to fall down on someone.

The girl scrunched her nose at the awful thought and retreated from the window, not forgetting to close it. With that, she as well closed the problem revolving around the bars. As for her brain, it got the room to snap back at the topic of sister Krone's leaving.

Was it really carried out without any goodbyes? If the situation was the opposite, it would mean Sister didn't make a stop to say her farewells to the Y/n. That really didn't matter to her, but the problem was, the girl was now unsure whether this was something important to inform the others about.

'Guess I as well am going on an escapade. Off to find Ray.' The girl smiled sheepishly to herself while wrapping the blanket tighter around her figure.

But those un-uttered words concluded Y/n's said escapade as she didn't even manage to turn away from the window, as the door from the infirmary room was quietly opened.

"I was just about to go and find-" Y/n's words were cut, whilst her smile was washed away as soon as she saw the person who stepped into the room. It certainly wasn't the one she had been hoping for. "Hello Isabella, Is something the matter?" Y/n drawled the words through her teeth.

"Not even a 'mama'?" The woman who just passed the threshold to the infirmary room scoffed, although a dangerous smile was dancing on her lips. "That makes me really sad Y/n."

"Mhm yes." The mentioned girl waved away the woman's words with a quick hand gesticulation. "I am very sorry, oh so great mama Isabella, but I am afraid you are currently just taking my time."

Y/n was in front of the caretaker in a few, hasty steps. "Pardon me, I am trying to go to the toilet. I believe that's something I can do, am I right?"

"Of course my dear, but the problem is that you won't do as you said." Isabella's smile deepened even further, mirroring how much amusement this whole situation brought to her. "Keeping in mind your uttered words when I came in here, you will instead of going to the toilet, run straight to that little boyfriend of yours."

Despite the sharp comment that assembled itself at the tip of Y/n's tongue, the girl didn't let mama knock her out of the beat. Therefore the girl ignored the woman's words and uttered another response without a slip or pause.

"If you are so untrusting, why don't you escort me to the bathroom then? You can wait outside the door, and when I'm done with one of my human needs, we will walk, hand in hand, into this room again. So what do you say?"

"I can say that I have seen what you are capable of Y/n. You can't fool me." Isabella stated, her smile suddenly gone. Her elegant hand traveled to Y/n's left shoulder as the woman bent down in order to be at the same eye level as the girl.