a/n

That is the end, sadly :(

Thank you so so much for reading, this was my first sad ending book and probably my only one. I don't think I wanna continue writing tragic stories like this one.

Thank you for your support! I know most of you wanted a happy ending, but I thought the ending was fitting. There aren't too many books out there that have sad endings.

Yes, I based this book heavily off of Romeo and Juliet. I really liked reading the play in school and I thought it would be cool to write a dnf fanfic based off it.

I'm sorry I didn't add a tw for the suicide, I thought that would spoil the story and ruin it for you guys.

I will point out somethings that I added in, whether you noticed or not. There were a few song lyrics that were added, Play Date by Melanie Martinez, Stay by Rihanna, and It's Okay by Tom Rosenthal. There were also a lot of Romeo and Juliet quotes.

The voice was supposed to be DreamXD, but in a different way. It haunted George and wanted power, its goal being to eventually take over George's mind and rule through his body. It didn't want George to die because then it would die. There's no origin story of where it came from, George was just born with it.

When Dream was near/touched George, the voice stopped because it was afraid of Dream, seeing something it hadn't seen before. The voice saw something from its past life in Dream and that scared it.

As you probably know, a lot of people will be affected by Dream and George's actions. Fundy will become a widower and will have to go back to his home because he was not crowned king with Dream. His kingdom, Bootsford, is named after his cat.

Dream's parents will feel sad and regretful of their actions as well as Wilbur, but they weren't close to Dream, so it didn't affect them too much. Sapnap and Jesse will be the most affected.

If the story continued, Sapnap would quit the guard and live with his family and work at the flower shop, where he told George to stay away from Dream. He feels that is his 'punishment' and blames himself so he surrounds himself with things that remind him of Dream and George daily.

Jesse would grow up to become queen (reminder that Wilbur cannot because he isn't a true heir). She would grow up extremely affected by Dream and George's actions and live her life with a new purpose. She would throw away her dream to travel in a straight line and promises to herself to be a kind ruler and a compassionate mother, one who cares for her children. There wouldn't be another tournament, the tradition would stop after what happened.

Suicide isn't a joke, I don't mean to romanticize it in any way. I wanted an ending like Romeo and Juliet, please don't ever consider suicide. If you do, my dms are always open if you want to message me. I have struggled with thoughts and I've gone through it alone, I know how it feels, so please please reach out if you need help.

I really do love you guys. I say that a lot and I don't mean it romantically, I just want you to know that someone cares. I don't hear it a lot and I know how good it feels to hear it just once from someone who cares. So I end every chapter with it because I really do care, your life matters.

I'm happy to answer any questions, so feel free to ask them! I love hearing your guys' opinions, just don't be too harsh if you hated the story.

Maybe stick around for my other books?

As always, thank you for reading and I love you! <3