Chapter 21 - Glow in the dark

Start from the beginning

Woo Bin closed his eyes and took a deep breath. "Thank you.. it means a lot."

"If you change your mind about the timing, just send me a short text. We can do that now or later, it's up to you."

"I will... I hang up now." Woo Bin ended the call because he heard Yi Jeong coming back. He opened the door with his elbow, carrying two mugs. The herb scent of fresh coffee unfolded in the room and Woo Bin took one of the mugs with a smile.

"Mom is making breakfast. Looks like she's in the kitchen for hours already..." Yi Jeong said and settled next to his boyfriend before he took a sip.

"I would tell her to stop, but I'm too selfish right now to not want all the food she makes." Woo Bin grinned.

"I think it's driving her crazy that she doesn't know what's going on... She knows us too well. I wonder if I could tell her... About what I am.. I want to tell her about Yeon.."

"But you can do that, right? Your father has always been a mystery.. Would it be so unbelievable that you have an older half brother who found you now?"

Yi Jeong was lost in thoughts for a moment, twisting the mug between his hands, then he shrugged. "I think it's not so weird.. Maybe a bit much all at once.. By the way.. I decided I won't live in our apartment without you. I will ask Yu Ri and Shin Ju if I can move into my old room."

He wasn't looking at Woo Bin, obviously not sure how he would feel about this but Woo Bin gave him a little shoulder bump. "They will love having you there. I'm glad you won't cry alone in our bed."

Yi Jeong gave him a weak smile and leaned his head against his shoulder. "Mom will look after the apartment for me. You have to come back fast if you want to save her from all that extra effort." he was quiet for a moment, then added: "No pressure."

Woo Bin smiled. Yi Jeong seemed okay so far. He wasn't in denial anymore. He already made plans how to deal with Woo Bin not being around, seemed collected and conscious.

"Babe... make a lot of good memories while I'm gone, okay? I want you to have tons of stories to tell me, photo books filled with your happy face and places you need to show me. I'm looking forward to listening to you for hours and hours until I fall asleep and we continue in the morning.."

"Okay.. I'll try that.. six days a week... one day for crying and throwing a pity party for lonely me, deal?"

"Deal."

There was a sad silence between them for a while until Yi Jeong whispered:

"What if I break? What if it's too much to handle?"

"Count the stars." Woo Bin replied and looked up to the ceiling

Yi Jeong looked at his friend with questioning eyes. He followed his gaze until he understood what he meant and huffed with a smile.

-

Woo Bin didn't regret his choice to spend his final days at So Chi Un's place. He got to eat the most delicious home cooked food and cuddle with Yi Jeong all day long, watching TV or just talking. For more, he was too weak. He could walk a bit, then he needed to sit down and take a break. He didn't look like an old man who was about to die, but he felt like how he imagined one must feel.

It was the third day and since he never gave Yeon a sign to delay their plan, he expected someone to come over and lure Yi Jeong away any time soon.

He tried not to feel like today was the last time for everything. His last moment with the one he loved most. Woo Bin wanted to see it as a new beginning. It was good, that Yi Jeong was still thinking they had more time.