Chapter 21 - Glow in the dark

Start from the beginning

"What time is it?" Woo Bin asked and Yi Jeong grabbed his mobile phone, just to find out that it was 9 AM and he had seven missed calls. Five from work, two from Yeon.

"Damn... I totally forgot that I have a job I planned to return to..."

"You can go.. I'm okay here. Don't worry about me." Woo Bin tried a smile but Yi Jeong shook his head.

"I'll take the rest of the week off. I won't leave your side unless you want me to.. You.. don't want me to leave..right?" Yi Jeong suddenly looked worried but Woo Bin grabbed his wrist and pulled him back into his arms.

"I can't have you close enough, silly.." he said and gave him a sweet kiss.

"I can't make out with a cockroach..." Yi Jeong mumbled with a pout and got another kiss simply for being adorable.

"Can't you shape shift?" Woo Bin suggested and Yi Jeong raised an eyebrow. "Do cockroaches make out?"

Now Woo Bin laughed again. "Well. You could try to find out. Then you have something that keeps your mind busy while I'm gone."

"I will be busy enough looking for you, don't worry." Yi Jeong snuggled up closer, closed his eyes and breathed in his mate's scent.

"Don't forget to live, though. I want you to enjoy work with the same passion like you used to. I want you to eat a lot and smile a lot. You have to promise me that.. You have a long life waiting for you and you will have limited time with certain people. Don't ever waste that because of me, okay? I will find my way back to you. In the meantime.. get to know your brother... your other family. When I'm back you won't have much time for them anymore, because I'll need lots of love and attention."

Yi Jeong laughed again and the sound alone made Woo Bin's heart jump.

"I'll give my best. I might be a mess for at least a month but then I'll get up and give my best, I promise."

"And know that I regret nothing, okay? This was my decision and not your fault. And I don't regret taking the chance for being with you forever. Even if it means this life ends for me soon.. I had the best I could imagine, because of you. You can't ever forget that..."

"Why do you talk like you're already gone..." Yi Jeong mumbled and Woo Bin started caressing his neck.

"It's like I can feel my strength fading... I just want to make sure you know everything that's important."

"I know... you don't have to tell me. I know it all, Woo Bin..."

The couple shared another kiss before Yi Jeong got up hesitatingly.

"I make my calls and see if I can get us some breakfast, hm? You safe your strength." he smiled and left the room.

Woo Bin took the chance to make a quick call himself. He waited until he heard Yi Jeong talking on the phone while vanishing into another room, where he couldn't hear him anymore and called Yeon.

"It's me.." he said in a low voice, the moment his fox brother in law picked up the phone.

"I don't have much time, Yi Jeong is probably going to try to give you a call in a minute.. I just wanted you to know we're staying at his mom's house and..." Woo Bin took a deep breath, "What's the plan? I would like to stay a day or two more.. to give Yi Jeong time to make his peace with the situation.. but my strength is fading.. I don't think there's a chance we find my bead in time and I don't want to turn into a zombie for my final days with Yi Jeong.."

"I understand.." Yeon replied. "Okay, I'm gonna send someone over in two days to get Yi Jeong out of the way. Then I'll pick you up and go with you to meet the fairy. You don't have to do this alone."