Chapter 3- His past

Taehyung's POV:

"Mom, mom... I'm scared.. It's dark here...Mom, get me out of here!.. Mom...."

"Taehyung... Taehyung... wake up!" I heard and I woke up. I looked around to find Namjoon Hyung standing beside me. That dream again. I was sweating, breathing heavily. 

"Hyung! Get Taehyung's medicines!" he said and started rubbing my back while I continued breathing heavily. Soon, Jin Hyung came in with the medicines. After having my medicines, I felt a little better but I was still sweating.

"Mom's dream again?" Jin Hyung asked and I nodded. 

"Taehyung, should we sleep here tonight? It will be good for you" Namjoon Hyung said and I nodded. Jin Hyung slept next to me while Namjoon Hyung slept on the sofa. I was scared but at the same time, I had my Hyungs by my side and I know they would never leave me.

End of POV

[Time skip: Next morning]

"Mr. Vice Chairman, good morning" I said and bowed

"1 minutes 45 seconds late, Ms. Y/n" he replied

"I'm sorry, sir" 

"Can you get me the deals related to the foreign companies?"

"Yes sir, I'll be right back" I went to my cabin and started looking for the files. Finally, found it. I handed it over to Mr. Vice Chairman and came back to my seat and continued doing my work when I heard a scream of Mr. Vice Chairman's room.

"SECRETARY Y/N!" he yelled and I immediately went into his cabin. I saw files dropped on the floor here and there and Mr. Vice Chairman, he was on his chair, shaking as he held his face in his hands.

"Mr. Vice Chairman, are you okay?" I said as I went closer to him

"Why... WHY? I warned you not to use tape!" he yelled

"I'm sorry, I just.. forgot"

"Forgot!? This shows your not perfect for this job! Cause you can't forget anything!" He yelled making me flinch. Tears started to form in my eyes, I never knew he would be this mad just for using a tape near him. 

"Secretary Y/n, I'm repeating this one last time, if you use any kind of tape near me, I'll fire you!"

"Okay...sir, I'm...sorry" I said as my voice started to break. 

"Now, leave" he said and I left while tears started to roll down my eyes. 

"Was I too harsh?"  Taehyung thought

I was in the washroom, after washing my face I came out and started walking towards my cabin when I bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry, President Kim?" I said as I looked up

"You're Y/n right? Taehyung's secretary?" he asked and I nodded. 

"President Kim, you and Mr. Vice Chairman are brother's so do you mind if I ask you something related to him, please?" I asked and he nodded.

We went to the nearest bench, President Kim gave me some cold coffee and sat next to me.

"So what do you want to ask?" he asked as he took a sip of his coffee

"Why is Mr. Vice Chairman so afraid of tape?" I asked

"You see, Taehyung is the youngest of all of us. You see when my elder brother, Chairman Kim Seokjin was 9 years old, I was 7 years old and Taehyung was 6 years old. Our mother suffered from Schizophrenia, she was admitted in a hospital. One day, our father took me and my elder brother to an educational event which was for 5 days and we left Taehyung with a caretaker since he was too young for this event. While we were away, our mother she escaped from the hospital and came home. She killed the caretaker and locked Taehyung in the basement" he said and my eyes widened 

"She locked his hands and legs with tape and kept him in the dark basement for 3 days without giving him any food. She had frequent hallucinations, and she thought she was protecting Taehyung but in reality she was the one killing him. She even tried to choke him by wrapping duct tape around his neck but failed, because by that time we had returned since my dad found it suspicious as no one in the house was picking up the phone. The police arrested our mother while Taehyung was in a bad condition. After that day, he had nightmares that he was locked  in that basement and any kind of tape scare him to death" 

"Thank you so much, president Kim. I should head back now" I said and he nodded. 

On my way back, I felt sorry for him. I should've remembered that he said not use any kind of tape. It must have been traumatizing for him, locked in a dark basement for 3 days without food, his childhood must have been worst. I think I should apologize to him, it was my fault after all. I knocked on the door and went in after he gave me permission.

"Secretary Y/n" "Mr. Vice Chairman" we both said at the same time. I looked down and avoided eye contact and so did he.

"I'm sorry" again, we both said it again at the same time.

"You go first" he said and I nodded

"Mr. Vice Chairman, I'm sorry. I should've remembered that you told not to use tape. I should've remembered that you are afraid of the tape. I won't repeat it again" I said and bowed

"Secretary Y/n, I'm sorry too. I was too harsh on you that I forgot that you've started this job a few days back. I should've given you time to understand" he said 

"Thank you, sir"

"You may go home now, no but's. just go home" he said as I was about to say something

I went to my cabin and started to pack my things, when Jungkook came to me and smiled.

"Y/n, you're work is over?" he asked and I nodded

"Do you want me to drop you home?" he said

"Are you perhaps trying to hit on me?" I said in a teasing manner

"And what if I am?" he replied

"Then I wouldn't mind, let's go" I said and he smiled, and we went to his car. But little did I know, someone heard our entire conversation.