Chapter 46: Confused

Yeonjun's POV:

I hugged her tightly while I caressed the back of her head while she kept on crying in my arms, seeing her like this makes my heart ache, if only I could take all her pain away then I would do it without hesitation.

"Shhh it's alright you can cry all you want I'll always stay by your side"

I whispered while I hummed to random songs to help her calm down, we stayed like that for a few minutes until she finally calmed down as her sobs turned into her audible breathing, after a few moments she pulled away from my hug and I've finally had a chance to look at her face.

"No, I should stay away"

She was about to go but I didn't let go of her wrist, she glanced at me and I noticed the reddish mark on her cheek.

"Let go Yeonjun, I need to leave"

Instead of listening I placed my free hand on her cheek to have a clearer view and I felt my blood boil when I realized what that red mark mean.

"Did he hit you again?"

She didn't answer but instead she looked away, I took a quick glance all over her to make sure that she isn't hurt anywhere else but I saw her knee that was now bleeding.

I reached for the hood of her hoodie and I placed it on top of her head as I did the same to mine and I dragged her with me away from the training studio.

"Yah Choi Yeonjun let go of me now!!"

She tried to pull her hand away from me but I didn't let her go until we reached the nearest pharmacy, good thing that there wasn't that much people out on the streets since it was getting late.

"Wait for me here and don't even think about running away"

I said to her and I let go of her hand as I went inside to buy ointment and an ice pack, I roamed around looking for what I need and when I found them I went to the counter to pay, I felt assured as I got lucky after seeing that the person at the counter is already an old woman, I'm sure she won't recognize me.

"Is that young lady your girlfriend?"

The old woman asked as she pointed somewhere making me look at where she was pointing at, I smiled when I realized that she was referring to Ryujin who's standing outside with her back facing the store.

"She isn't my girlfriend"

I answered as I kept on smiling without and I handed her the things that I will buy.

"But I hope soon she will be"

I muttered under my breath but the old lady in front of me chuckled as she shake her head while she's processing mu receipt.

"There's a rough future ahead of her and I hope you won't be the reason of her downfall"

I froze on my spot as I felt shivers run down my spine and I looked at the lady in disbelief, she's just joking, right?

"But if you stay with her then your wish might come true so be wise when it comes to your decisions"

She let out a small yet encouraging smile as she handed me the things that I just bought.

"Get going now, your future girlfriend looks annoyed already"

The old lady winked as she gave me a teasing grin and she handed me the paper bag where she placed the things that I just bought, I felt my cheeks heating up as I let out an awkward chuckle and I thanked her as I went on my way outside.