I grinned. "That's part of it."

Her eyes lit up in a way that made my heart warm. She looked so excited. She hopped out of the truck and helped me set up the back to turn it into a make-shift bed. I was very prepared. I brought an air mattress which only took a couple of minutes to inflate, which we put in the bed of the truck and we covered it with thick blankets and pillows. Once our set up was complete, I helped her up and crawled beside her.

The view was perfect for the sunset. I sat up against the back window of the truck with pillows to protect my back and Mickey leaned against me. We watched the sun dip below the far away mountains, where it waved goodbye to us with glorious colors of reds and yellows and oranges that danced in the sky.

Once the sun was down and it was officially twilight time, Mickey and I decided to lay down on our backs. I crossed my arms behind my head, and Mickey laid next to me. I yawned softly and I noticed that she looked over at me out of the corner of my eye. She said, "you look tired."

I tilted my head so I could see her better and I gave her a sleepy grin. I really could see my future in her eyes, and it was bright. Her eyes held a tender message that said that she surrendered all her love to me. "You look beautiful."

I could see her blush slightly before she looked back up at the sky. She always gets embarrassed when I compliment her, but she has absolutely no reason to be. I've told her time and again that her beautiful face is living proof that generations of her face has been loved. I love everything about her. From the way she flutters her eyelids in her sleep, to the way she teases me about the littlest things. I love the bad things too, just as much as the good. Maybe a little more. She's not perfect, which is what makes her perfect.

The sun finally disappeared completely and the sky was turning dark. It was like the stars were shining for her. Mickey commented on how chilly it was getting, so I lifted my arm up and she snuggled into my side. Her head rested on my shoulder after I put my arm around her and placed my hand on her back and rubbed gently. When she put her arms around me, I got a fever. It is such a lovely way to burn.

"Have I ever told you that I've had a crush on you since... forever?" I asked.

She chuckled softly. "Forever?"

"Uh-huh."

"When did forever start exactly?"

"Ever since the moment that we met."

"Come on, be serious," she said as she laughed.

"No, it's true. But it wasn't until we had our first stake out together, I knew I was a goner."

"I think the moment that I knew I liked you was when we had D.B. and you sang to him. It's my favorite song, I'm not sure if you knew that back then though," she said.

"What about when we kissed at South Fernfield? Or Champagne High?" I asked. Those instances occurred before we babysat D.B. together.

"What were those?"

"South Fernfield was with the football player that killed those cheerleaders, and Champagne High was the first time we went under cover together as the McQuaids."

I remember those cases vividly. At South Fernfield, we were under cover as athletes. She was a cheerleader, and I was a football player. We were almost caught sneaking around the school talking about the case so we made out against the lockers to keep our cover. At Champagne High, our kiss was designed to transfer chapstick from her lips to mine. But it was still a kiss.

She laughed, "you remember the school names?"

I chuckled with her. "You don't?"

"No, because I'm not crazy."