one

+

Haemi's

I hate it when someone moves next to us.

My mom suddenly becomes extremely kind which is kind of awkward because I'm not used to it.

Also, she forces me to wear something more girly-like. Please, I love my white tees and jeans. She's forcing me to wear those dresses, skirts and heels.

She said that I need to look presentable since our new neighbor has a son with the same age as me. She's probably scared that I might die without even kissing someone.

"Haemi, are you ready? They're coming over for dinner!" My mom squealed as walked inside my room. My mom likes to have new friends and she's so approachable and I'm the opposite.

"Yes, yes." I replied, scrolling down my tumblr as I laid in my bed.

"Didn't I tell you to atleast look, presentable?" she said, making me look up from my phone. "And look at your room. Clean it, Haemi." She groaned, throwing a pair of denim jeans at me.

"Why?" I frowned, shoving the jeans away from my face.

"Because visitors are coming over." she replied, emphasizing the word 'visitors'.

"Why? Are they coming in my room?" I answered back. I know it's mean to answer back to your parents, she's used to it but it doesn't mean that I don't respect her.

She let out a groan. "Whatever, whatever. Just get down and help me prepare the table." she said before storming out my room.

I let out a frustrated groan before shoving my phone inside my jeans' pocket. I quickly tied my hair into a messy bun.

Before heading downstairs, I glanced at my window and noticed another window situated across mine, there was a guy staring at me.

So I had to look closer if he was actually staring, then he smiled and left. Was that our new neighbor?

He's a little cute. A little cute.

I just headed downstairs to erase my throughts. I helped my mom prepare the table and all when someone started knocking on our door.

"I'll get it." I said as I quickly stormed towards the door. When I opened it, I was greeted by a smiling boy. I didn't speak and just stared at him

"Uh, excuse mee." he spoke, which brought me back to reality. Shoot, did I space out infront of him? I tend to be really awkward infront of boys like please, I should just die right now.

"Hello! We're your new neighbour!" he greeted, giving me an eyesmile I could never forget.

Let me rephrase what I said earlier, he's cute as hell but that doesn't mean, I like him. I only had my first crush when I was in kindergarten and it was my last. I'd probably get old and have 24 cats but it's not like I'm complaining, that life actually sounds nice.

"Uhh, welcome?" I said, more like questioning it as I opened the door wider for him. My mom suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh, you're here! Welcome! Come in, please!" mom greeted excitedly which made me groan internally. She's being too kind but it has some advantages sometimes.

The boy walked in and another middle-aged woman which looks like his mom. We all proceeded to the dining table and sat.

Here goes another awkward dinner. My mom and the guy's mom chatted a lot and tried to erase the awkwardness in the room which kind of worked. Both of them are really talkative, to be honest. Too talkative.

"Oh, when Haemi was a baby she used to-"

"Mom." I groaned and gave her a 'please-stop-telling-everyone-about-that' look as she just chuckled in response.

"By the way, Haemi's single and so ready to mingle!" my mom exclaimed which made me choke on my food.

Why did she say, that? Why? The guy handed me some water which I quickly drank. I slightly touched his hands and it was soft. Do I sound creepy?

He probably thinks that I'm interested in him. Based on his looks, he seems to be the type to have a.girlfriend.

"Mom. Please." I said, wiping my mouth and clearing my throat as I tried to eat comfortably. Now, I can't look them in the eye.

"Jimin's single too!" the woman exclaimed too which made me freaking choke on my food, again.

"Are you okay? Why do you keep on choking?" The guy, I think his name is Jimin since her mother just called her that. Jimin, hm. What a nice name.

I nodded my head at him as a reply. He handed me another cup full of water and I drank it.

"Sorry." I slightly whispered but it was enough to be heard by everyone.

"Since, you two are done. Why don't you tour Jimin around the neighborhood, Haemi?" My mom said, grinning at me as she wiggled her brows.

Seriously-

"I would really like that, Haemi." Jimin said as he cleared his throat and stood up. If I'm eating right now, I would've choked again. They way he pronounced my name somehow made me blush but it wasn't that obvious. I don't like him, alright! His voice is just mesmerizing.

I stood up and mumbled. "Alright."

We headed towards the door. "Have fun!" mom cheered making me cringe and internally face palmed myself.

I quickly walked outside and Jimin followed me. I closed the door behind him and cleared my throat.

"First of all, I don't like you." I quickly said, giving him an intimidating look.
"Oh?" he smirked, raising a brow at me.

"Seriously, dude. You're not my type. I don't like you." I said, letting out a chuckle as I walked outside our porch.

"But you will." he spoke making me turn to him as our eyes locked.

"Soon." he said before flashing a smile at me.

+

okay this sucks. im out. the excuse meee reference tho. don't kill me with your empty jam jars pls. ilyy.