ch 1 | awkward beginnings

i was woken up by the sound of my phone alarm ringing in my ears. the bright sunlight showing through the sheer curtains made me squint my eyes in annoyance. i turned my phone off and closed my eyes once more for a few minutes before deciding to get ready for school.

no, this isn't my first school. in fact, i was transferred here because of the excessive amount of hatred in my previous school. the girls would fangirl everytime a boy looks their way, and the guys aren't even my taste. there would always be a bunch of people coming up to fight with me, but they would scram once i punched someone.

after taking a shower, i got ready by wearing a casual shirt and skirt with a sweater vest on top:

i still had a few hours left before i had to report to school, so wearing light makeup should do:

^
i was too lazy to tie up my hair so i let it fall down onto my shoulders. (pretty self explanatory)

i took my car keys and left the house to the car:

i had 30 minutes left till school started so i quickly drove to the nearest Starbucks to get my daily dose of coffee

i had 30 minutes left till school started so i quickly drove to the nearest Starbucks to get my daily dose of coffee. of course, i got a ice americano because i can't live without coffee. :

i entered the school's parking lot and parked my car near the entrance. i for out and proceeded to walk in the huge building. ooo's and ahh's came from my surroundings as i sip my coffee while looking for the principal's office. after a few minutes of searching, i found the principal's office and went inside.

"ahem, hello? im the new student, kim y/n."

"ah yes! come inside." the voice from the other side said.

"you look stunning, ms kim. may i know who your parents are?"

"they're on an overseas business trip, so they couldn't come with me." i lied.

"ah, i see. no worries, here's your class schedule and-" the principal was interrupted by the door flinging open.

"choi san, can't you be more respectful next time?" the principal asked him, notice the change of tone.

"jeez, sorry." the black-haired boy answered in irritance.

"oh, since you're here, why don't you show y/n around the place, will you?" the principal gave me a soft smile.

"sure, as long as i get my bike back." san pouted.

"yes, now go. i have business to attend to." the principal pushed the both of us out like we were objects.

"well that was awkward." i said, breaking the silence between us.

"ignore that, it was none of your business. now let's go." he wasted no time heading to class.

"how blunt." i chuckled. i already knew i liked this school.

the bell rang and students were scurrying to their classes, while i was completely clueless as to where i was suppose to go. i kept looking for the class that was stated in my schedule and finally found it. by the time i was in front of the door, the hallways were dead silent.

i opened the door and i felt all eyes on me. some jaws were dropped, while others were merely amazed.

"ah, you must be the new student! please introduce yourself." the teacher in front of the board gave a soft smile.

"um hey guys, my name is kim y/n. i hope im welcomed here." i bowed while covering my chest.

"great! you may sit next to yunho at the back near the window." she pointed to the empty seat beside the blonde boy.

i went to my seat and took out the materials i needed for the class. the atmosphere in the class went from depressing to energetic. some took glances to look at me while others didn't care about the lesson at all.

"they really are annoying. don't worry, you'll get it over with." the boy beside me interrupted my thoughts.

"ah, i see. could have been a lot worse though."

"my name is jeong yunho. you have any friends here?" he asked, clearly not interested in the teacher.

"ive met one person at least, but he seemed pretty cold so i didn't really pay attention. i think his name is san-"

"san? like, THE choi san?"

"yea, why?"

"did he do anything to you?"

"no, just being a huge bitch."

yunho laughed at the comment. we had a casual conversation till the bell rang for next lesson.