Chapter 3

Zoe Williams

"So do you want to say anything?"Dad raised his eyebrows at me.

"What-t about-t?" I tried to play dumb.

"Nothing much." By the tone in his voice , I knew He was not mad but was just trying to make me accept my mistake. "Just how my not-so-troublemaker eighteen year-old daughter was sneaking my money from right under my nose."

I knew I didn't have much of explanation to give him. So I just apologized.  "I shouldn't have stole your money. I am sorry." I looked at him and Mary, apologetically .

Mary's eyes softened a little bit. She had been a huge mess this week. Last week when Cass and Mary fought, Both of them went to sleep exhausted. Mary had been a total wreck the next day . My father had stayed home to take care oh her.

Speaking of my father, He and Mary have made new rules in the house, one of them being that all three of us should be in the house before 10 am and if we are not, then they are going to lock the door and we will have to sleep outside.

Of course,  This rule only spoke for Cass because Caleb and I weren't much of an extrovert. But than came the second rule , which was that 'we have to stay out for atleast an hour a day.'

"It's good for you." Mary had said.

I had inwardly sighed at that. I would just go at Rakhi's for an hour. But Mary had stomped on that thought too by saying.

"Zoe and Caleb , You are not going to Shrivastava's . I had personally talked to Nita. She wouldn't allow you inside, that is, if you are supposed to be outside. "

"But what are we even supposed to do outside?" I had asked.

"Do whatever teenagers liked to do. You are going to be moving corpse if you continue to stay in that room of yours."

"I am not even a teenager." Caleb had complained. But Mary had turned deaf ear on him.

My dad was so busy after all that. He didn't got much time on him. So we were not able to speak because of that.

After a whole week, we are here now. Finally , talking about my thievery. My dad wasn't that strict , atleast on me, or anyone for the matter. So I wasn't that scared but still he is my dad.

After seeing Mary and Cass drama, I didn't know what to expect.

"Baby, If you wanted something, you could have asked. We are just asking , why would you do this secretly when you could have just asked us to buy you stuff." Mary said, her tone light.

"I am sorry.  I don't know why I didn't ask you. I am sorry. I knew you were upset about me being locked up in my room. I should have asked." My voice weakening.

"Yes. Go ahead play the victim card." Cass' snarky voice came with herself, a sneer on her face.

She was acting snappy since that day. Her phone and laptop was taken away. She hadn't been out , since Mary wouldn't leave her. Mary would check each of our rooms by midnight. This was definitely taking a toll on Cass. Even her friends came to take her out but Mary wouldn't let her talk to them because they were a bad influence.

Even I admitted that Mary was doing over the top totally unnecessary things.

"Atleast I wouldn't be a case of cancer someday." I was also snippy about this whole thing. She wasn't the only one.

The sneer on her face deepened.

"Okay, stop it both of you." My dad said. "Zoe what you did was wrong but we are going to drop it this one time. Though I don't want you near my credit card anymore. "