18.Daisy

School was already over. The final bell had rung almost ten minutes ago.

I silently followed behind a stoic Stephen. After realizing the mistake, I had made, I stayed quiet. I didn't have any lies prepared which would sound believable to Stephen. So, I stayed silent hoping they wouldn't think of it as a big deal. Teens say a lot of things, right?

"Why didn't you tell me anything about the test?" I asked Stephen, trying to decipher his mood.

"I knew you would pass." Stephen paused when we reached my locker.

"How?" I inquired, taking out the stuff I had placed in the locker in the morning.

"I saw your report cards from your previous institute." Stephen casually informed.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "You saw my report cards?" Did that mean he could get information from Islington Institute?

"Yes."

I wanted to ask him if he knew anything else from there. But before I could, I saw Eve leaning against a black car.

"I was wondering why your car was here," Eve commented when she saw us approaching.

Did my brothers own only black cars? If it was up to me, I would buy a red car. Maroon, to be more precise.

"Drake called," Stephen answered getting in the driver's seat. I followed Eve and sat in the backseat.

"Did something happen?" Eve turned her body towards me, giving me her full attention.

"No," I shook my head.

Eve didn't pry after that but rather started ranting about the things I had missed, which was quite a lot. After that, she proceeded to describe almost every person in our class. She didn't stop at that and proceeded to describe which teachers to be wary of.

Did she ever stop?!

No, she didn't. Thankfully, we reached home before she could tell me about a gym incident that occurred three years ago.

"Make sure to eat lunch. Your brothers will be late so don't wait up." Stephen said, dropping us at the gate. He said he had an urgent meeting to attend so he had to rush back.

"Is the house always empty like this?" I asked to no one particular. Slumping on the living room sofa, I tossed my bag beside me. God, I was tired. The exams had eaten up a lot of my energy.

"Yeah, it's always like this." Eveline passed me one of the smoothies she had brought from the kitchen.

"Where are they?" I asked, sipping on my drink.

Eve slumped down on the couch beside me and grabbed the TV remote, "Noah has basketball practice after college. Kai is probably at his Uni. He never tells us where he goes, so we just assume on our own. Ezra is probably on the day shift today."

"What do you wanna watch?" Eve asked me.

"Hmm? Whatever you want." I didn't know much about movies so l let her choose.

Eve thought for a moment until her eyes lit up, "Wanna binge-watch 'Game of Thrones'?

"Sure, what's it about?"

"Don't know," Eve shrugged. "War or something like that. Ezra banned me from watching it. But all my friends have already watched it, they say it's good."

"Aren't you scared of what he will do if we go against his orders?" I didn't want to get on his bad side just to watch something.

But Eve couldn't care less, "The worst he can do is to confiscate our phones for a week."