2- Saturdays

The three men walked through the open door, looking over to the source of the noise. Zayn took a step behind the husbands as their eyes came across the five year old twins that were seated across the room.

Louis and Harry's breathing stopped momentarily, their eyes widening as they took in the sight of the two boys. Both of them had very light brown hair and deep brown eyes. They were wearing little Adidas tracksuits that were unzipped at the front to show two matching t-shirts underneath.

The men's gazes softened as they watched the pair interact, they were happy yet gentle, being very careful with the toys they were playing with and with each other.

Louis made the first move, he stepped forward slowly, removing his hand from his husband's and softly tapping his bicep, pulling Harry back to reality. They walked together again, moving towards the two small boys in sync. They stopped in front of the table they were playing at, Harry crouching down next to them first.

"Hi!" One of the boys exclaimed confidently, looking from Harry to Louis and waving at the men. This seemed to bring his brother out of his own little world and look up to the men, a smile making its way onto his face quickly as he loudly said 'Hi!' also.

"Hello." Louis said softly, "Im Louis and this is my husband Harry, what are your names?" He asked them nicely, a large smile on his face.

"That's Lucas and I'm Jayden!" The first boy to speak answered, his small hand jolting into the air and pointing at his brother as he spoke. He stood up from his small chair and walked over to Louis, who was now seated on the couch next to the table, and placed his hands on the man's knees.

The young boy looked into Louis' eyes before speaking, "Your eyes are very pretty!" He said confidently again, his eyes not moving from Louis' as he stared into them, "They are very blue." He exaggerated.

"Thank you very much, little man. Your eyes are lovely too." He said, placing a hand onto the small boy's cheek to dramatically look into his eyes. The little boy giggled and looked over at his brother, ready to speak, but seen that he was already engaged in a conversation with Harry.

Jayden turned back around to Louis and smiled widely again, quickly asking him to play with his cars with him. Louis agreed immediately and stood up, walking over to the table with the five year old's hand in his own.

Meanwhile with Harry and Lucas, the small boy was shying away slightly. Harry had approached him and the little boy was confident to begin with but as soon as he seen his brother bring Louis over to the table, he became nervous to ask the man before him to play.

Harry picked up on his drop in energy, "You okay, sweetheart?" He asked, concerned, looking into the boy's eyes.

"Will you colour in with me?" The small boy questioned back shyly, his eyes darting down to his hands as he fidgeted with his fingers. Harry laughed slightly, relieved that this was only the problem.

"I would love to play with you." He informed softly. Lucas looked back up to him with a large smile and he turned around to the table, picking up a piece of paper and a few pens to give to Harry. The man thanked him and kneeled down next to the table, placing the paper down and started colouring in with the little boy.

Louis coughed slightly, gaining Harry's attention, causing the two men to lock eyes. Harry nodded with a small smile, which Louis reciprocated, blowing a kiss Harry's way.

✸✸✸

"Well boys, would you like to stay with Harry and Louis for a little while?" Janie, their caseworker, asked as Louis and Harry waited outside the door. It was nearing four in the afternoon now and the men were getting ready to head home. But not before they found out if the twins would be coming to stay with them next weekend.