If by any chance Vrylle had known what the old man were praying before she left, her self-esteem and act of kindness were surely damage beyond repair. And there was no such thing as threat just like the old man had assumed.

To be more precise, what Vrylle had asked him was a favor to keep everything a secret, politely as she could. It wasn't either as what he misunderstood as respectful reminder.

Neither of what he assumed and misunderstood were true.

So Vrylle, who branded by the old man as being dangerous, became a person to be wary for. And who would have thought that the old man immediately reminded the people who were close to him in the market?

It only made Vrylle's image to worsen.

"M'Lady, what have you-"

"...It's a secret."

As the three continued to stroll about, Merida wanted to inquire what Vrylle did back in that shop, but halfway through her words, the Young Miss ruthlessly cut her off with a wide grin on her face, rejecting to tell her anything.

Heart aching as it is, Vrylle had all the right to not tell her anything since she's just a servant. However, Merida still couldn't help but feel even more worried. Never in her eight years of serving the Young Miss that she had kept a secret. The Vrylle she knew isn't like that.

It made her worried and sad, thinking that maybe Vrylle had started to enter her rebellious stage.

She's in that age, by the way.

While Merida's wild thought continued on getting even wilder, Rusty remained silent and just kept on following Vrylle everywhere she goes.

When Vrylle entered a shop full of different potions and again find herself a private room, just her and one attendant inside, it took her about half an hour before she exited, yet there was not even a single potion in her possession.

That kind of scene though kept on repeating from one shop after the other, and Rusty, as a loyal, diligent and dutiful Knight of Her Ladyship, did not dare to ask a single question even though just like Merida, he was curious himself.

Then hours passed by, soon the sun started to set.

The three of them arrived in the market around noon, so now seeing the sky turned red as the sun slowly went down, it only meant that they had spent way more time than they had expected and must go back to the Estate.

Merida and Rusty cannot afford to return even a bit later than the Duke or else trouble might occur for them.

Thus, right after they left the teahouse, Merida and Rusty escorted Vrylle back into where the carriage was parked. Then upon their arrival, it wasn't just Rusty, but also Merida felt something wasn't right.

The feeling like something or someone were peeping on them ticked at the back of their heads, poking their danger-radar at some point.

Senses on high alert, the two boarded simultaneously after Vrylle entered, and soon the carriage started moving.

• • • • •

Meanwhile, in the shadows, many pair of eyes were focused solely in the carriage that had just taken off. Their every movement as they ran from the ground then jumped from branches to branches were so skillfully light as they stealthily followed through, waiting for a perfect opportunity to make a move.

Their mission, it was simple, and that is to abduct every single person boarding the said vehicle, letting not anyone to escape, nor killing is prohibited for the time being.

Fortunately, they were all professionals, so such mission was simple for them to accomplish.

On the other side, the said targets were all oblivious to the ominous thing that was about to befall them. So with that being the case and bound to happen, just when the coachman maneuver through the deserted street with nothing but trees in their vicinity, two people within the shadows immediately emerged and did not waste the opportunity, quietly attacked the poor coachman and took over the reign.

From there, everything played normal as the carriage continued to its usual pace. It traveled smoothly until an unknown amount of time passed and night fell, completely cloaking the surroundings with nothing but darkness.

Inside the carriage, the three people were still unaware of the upcoming danger as they were leisurely talking in random things. The thin curtains that blocking the carriage's windows also obscuring their sight, enabling them to see that something outside wasn't right. That little by little, the surrounding and everything were started changing. That they were entering an unknown place.

Then, a prompt rang...

[You have entered a forbidden land. Precautionary measures were necessary due to the danger it held.]

Once the unexpected alarm notified Vrylle and caught her off guard, she jolted in her seat and quickly brushes the curtain on the left window to peer outside. What greets her was something that place her out of her line.

Outside, except for the darkness of the surroundings and forecasting trees, an ample number of people who were clad in black from head to toe were running alongside the carriage.

Sensing a movement from the side, the man who was a little closer to the window where Vrylle was peering at, lazily turns his head on her and shamelessly countering her gaze.

That rendered her speechless and shocked.

When Vrylle was about to notify her people, with a simple flick of the man's hand, the carriage took an abrupt halt and few of those men rushed in.

Everything happened too fast, so before Vrylle, nor even Rusty, took a time to defend, in that short amount of time, they were utterly subjugated, rendering their movements with their hands pressed firmly behind their backs.

Added to that, with a help of magic, Vrylle and her companions soon felt drowsy until slowly, each of their senses started to slip away.

This is the second time Vrylle felt so helpless, and it made her come back to that nightmarish moment. That moment where her everything started to crumble down.