I hate Cliffs

Disclaimer: I do not own the plot if the Percy Jackson books or the awesome characters that are in the series! Those were all written by Rick Riordan. Anyway, happy reading!
__________________________

I was having an ok day until I fell off a cliff. But before that I was having a normal day. We were tracking a pack of werewolves in thigh deep snow! Fun! Not! My wolf Sadie was trotting through the snow by my side. She was pure white with golden eyes and she was by far the best tracker out of all the wolves in the Hunters of Artemis. That's why I got to lead and break through the snow while everyone else followed behind me stepping in my tracks. I impatiently swept my bright red hair out of my eyes. It was more if an orange than a red. I didn't have freckles though but I did have stormy gray eyes. I inherited them from my mom Athena. I didn't inherit her blonde hair though which is why most people are surprised when I tell them my godly parent is Athena. I remembered the day I had joined the Hunters I had been devastated because.........No, I snapped to myself. Don't think about him. You think it would get easier after fifty years but it hasn't at least not yet. I'm relatively young for a hunter only sixty-six technically. But thanks to the immortality I'm not technically a day older from when I joined the hunters at fourteen. Though Thalia is even younger (In terms of actual years) than I am and she's the leader of the Hunter's. She's the daughter of Zeus and is the best archer and the most leader like one out of all of us which is why I guess she's the leader. I don't know Artemis' exact reasons. All of the sudden a person came into view. He was talking too a gorgeous girl wearing a cheerleader outfit. What in the world are these two doing talking in the middle of the woods by a steep cliff and why is she wearing a super short skirt in the snow? It made no sense to me.

"Thalia!" I called.

"What Sage?" Thalia called back.

"Two people are up ahead, a boy and a girl! She looks like a cheerleader and is wearing.....what the-" The cheerleader girls features had changed her hair looked like it was on fire and one of her legs was a donkey leg with a hoof where her foot should have been and her other leg was bronze. She was leaning over about to sink her teeth into the boy's neck when I realized what she was an empousa. Basically a vampire that preys on humans mostly men. I pulled out a knife from my jacket and threw it. I preferred knives to arrows though I could shoot as well as most Hunters. I watched as the knife flipped through the air in a perfect arc when all of a sudden another Empousa appeared and the knife hit her brass leg. She turned around with a hiss making the one that was about to kill the boy look up.

"Hunters attack!" Thalia yelled and the girls interrupted into a chorus of yells as they started shooting arrows at the empousa. I took out an arrow and shot it at one of the empousa but she knocked it away with a hiss. Now their was a swarm of them about six more had joined the first two. The second arrow that I shot ended up in one of their hearts and then the empousa burst into dust. All of a sudden out of the corner of my eye I noticed one of the empousa had grabbed the boy and was about to drink his blood. He stood there with a happy expression on his face totally oblivious to the fight going on around him.

"NO!" I screamed and raced across the ground throwing my body at the boy knocking him over. We slid over to the edge of the cliff and I desperately tried to stop me and the boy from falling off the cliff but my momentum and the patch of ice at the edge of the cliff propelled us off the edge. I would like to say I fell to my death calm and cool and collected but I was screaming. The wind whipped my white and gray winter camouflage parka and my hair was being whipped by the wind. The boy suddenly wrapped his arms around my waist and being a true hunter to the core I tried to shove his arms off me. He grunted but he was surprisingly strong. Then he grabbed my bow and an arrow out of his pack and shot it at the ground. It erupted into a large net and was attached to the cliff wall. We hit the net and bounced up a few feet in the air before we settled to the bottom of the net. The boy still had his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Let go of me!" I snapped.

"I just saved your life and that's how you repay me?" The boy asked.

"I saved your life first!" I snapped.

"Yes because pushing me off a cliff will definitely save my life." he said sarcastically.

"Well if you would have rather become a meal than whatever," I said. "I need to get back up there and help the other hunters." I grabbed my bow and tried to find a handhold. I had climbed about a good 10 feet above the net when I grabbed onto a lose area of rock and went pummeling to the ground. My head hit a rock and it all went black.