𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 (5)

Start from the beginning

"Mr. Dazai," the principal spoke, her fingers trembling at the coldness the detective was showing.

"This doesn't excuse Yukiko punching her classmate—"

"I am aware of that" the chilling of his voice made everyone froze. "And I apologize for that, however defending herself and her friend is rather remarkable," he raised his brow threateningly. "Am I right, Madam Principal?"

"R-right!" The middle aged woman spluttered. "In any case, Yukiko-chan will only have two days of suspension."

She looked at the blue eyed girl who was picking on her skirt.

"Use this time to reflect, to not use violence when we loose our temper okay?" The principal informed.

"She's just like Chuuya!" Dazai gushed

"As for Kion, never do that again." The older woman gave a pointed look to the mother and son duo, making them stifly nod when Dazai casted a glance at them, his dark brown eyes carrying a dangerous glint.

"You may now be dismissed, sorry for wasting your time, Mr. Dazai."

The man waved her off, crouching down to lift up Yukiko who wrapped her tiny arms around his neck.

"It's fine~" he gently cradled his daughter who buried her face into his shoulder.

"Let's go home, Yuki-chan?" He hummed.

"I'm sorry dad..." The girl grumbled as they entered the car.

"What are you apologizing for?" Dazai said softly, ruffling her hair.

"You did the right thing, defending Megumi-kun but next time, no violence okay? You'll grow up just like Chuuya if you do and you wouldn't want that."

"No violence next time!" Yukiko repeated.

"Good, now turn that from upsidedown, we're stopping for ice cream first."

"Before dinner?" Yukiko tilted her head making Osamu chuckle.

"Just don't tell Chuuya, okay?"

Scenario two:

"Papa," 7 year old Yukiko tugged on Chuuya's shirt. "Can I help you cook curry?"

The ginger glanced down at her smiling warmly.

"Sure, you want to make it mild or hot?" He questioned getting the ingredients.

"Hot!" The young girl giggled. "I like it spicy!"

Chuuya chuckled. "Well your dad doesn't, so let's make an extra mild batch for his whimpy a— uh weak self okay?"

The girl hummed. "Curry! Curry!"

"I'm home~" Osamu called opening the door to their humble abode.

Yukiko jumped down the stool she was standing in while Chuuya continued to prepare their food and set the table.

"Dad!" She cried, running up to the brown haired man and giving him a hug.

"I helped papa make curry!" She said proudly, breaking the hug and taking the man towards the table.

"Really now?" Said Osamu, eyes glinting in amusement. "I bet it tastes wonderful."

The girl gingerly grabbed a spoonful of curry from her plate, stretching out her tiny arms towards Dazai.

"Dad, say ah!" She giggled.

Her father obliged, closing his eyes and letting Yukiko feed him with her spoon.