🥀SIXTEEN🥀

Anika reached home and saw Shivaay and Kiara sleeping on the couch while a Disney movie was playing on the TV

She smiled sadly looking at them. She took a blanket and covered Shivaay and Kiara with it. Shivaay's stirred in his sleep when he felt someone's presence. He slowly opened his eyes and saw Anika covering them with blanket.

S- Anika, you are back?

He then noticed her swollen and red eyes. He knew something was wrong.

He immediately stood up and cupped her face worriedly but Anika avoided his gaze.

S- Anika, is everything alright? What happened at your parents'? Did they say something?

A- Uh... I'll take Kiara to her room.

S- Kiara? You never call her that?

Anika avoided his question and picked up Kiara in her arms and walked towards her bedroom.

Shivaay also followed her. Anika made Kiara lie down on the bed and pecked her forehead with teary eyed.

A(whispered)- I love you my baby. I hope one day we'll meet again.

Her voice was meek that it wasn't audible to Shivaay.

She wiped her tears sneakily so that Shivaay couldn't notice it.

She turned to look at Shivaay.

A- Did you eat dinner?

S- No. I was waiting for you.

Anika just nodded her head and walked out of the room.

A- I'll go and change and then we'll eat dinner.

Anika said in a low and breaking voice and Shivaay knew something was very wrong.

S- Whats going on, Anika?

Shivaay said pulling her towards himself while holding her elbow.

A- Let's eat then we'll talk.

S- No. You tell me first, what's wrong with you? Why are you behaving like this?

A- You want to know right. Okay. Then I'll tell you. I don't want to live with you anymore. I'm fed up being a maid to you you and your niece.

Anika said loudly and Shivaay was taken aback.

S- What? Anika, I know you're not saying it. Your parents said something to you right. What happened there? Tell me Jaan.

Shivaay tried cupping her cheeks but Anika pushed him back. She was trying very hard to control her tears and she knew Shivaay's once touch can break her down.