Chapter Thirty-Six

(HELLO, in case you guys hadn't caught on yet, Nerio is NOT  a Teresa apologist, she sold out her lifelong friends and she is a very grudge-holding person. I am not particularly inclined to like Teresa, but Nerio HATES her... You'll see. Just wanted to let yall know in case we had Teresa apologists reading, bc this is not a Teresa-loving fic sorry! lol)  

"Hello, Nerio" Teresa entered the room, hair was done up, face perfectly clean, lab coat on and underneath fashionable pants and blouse. Nerio wore a blue jumpsuit that said property of WICKED written on the back, hair in a ponytail, eyes purple from the lack of sleep. Nerio just sat, looking blankly off to the side. For the past three months, they had been carried around from wicked facility to wicked facility. They had made the active decision to put Minho and Nerio away from each other after their first near-successful attempt of escape.

Nerio had tried to escape again, which resulted in some heavy body bruising, but she thought it was worth it. She had behaved very well for the past month, which made WICKED less reluctant to comply with Teresa, she wanted to see Nerio, and talk to her. Not to explain herself but rather to tell Nerio how much her existence was helping.

"You are the most promising subject we've had so far, Nerio" she looked at Nerio in the eyes. How could she look her in the eyes? How after calling her a subject? Is that all she is to Teresa? After weeks of fighting together to escape from WICKED, all that Teresa refer to her as was subject. Nerio's blood boiled, but she knew she had to keep mellow in order to make her plan happen.

"I need to tell you something" Nerio whispered. Teresa leaned closer, as did Nerio, just as they were close enough, mouth to ear, Nerio headbutted Teresa's nose and got up from her seat dragging her by the hair to her side of the table then onto the floor, Teresa tried to fight back but she was too weak. Nerio began beating her with both fists, holding Tresa's arms down with her knees on her inner elbows putting her whole body mass on Teresa. No matter how weak they tried to make Nerio, or how many mellowing medications they put on her. Teresa had never been in a fight, she had never had to fight someone to the death in order to survive, and although Nerio no longer remembered those times of her life, the instinct of survival stuck with her forever.

"IM GONNA FUCKING KILL YOU" Nerio screamed from the depths of her soul, Teresa's legs and hips trying to push her off her "Is that all I am to you!? A subject!" she got one last hit before the guards came in the room, ripping her off Teresa's now limp body.

"TRAITOR...TRAITOR" She screamed as she got dragged away by the security guards. Teresa was left with her nose bleeding, face, neck, and chest bruised. Probably a concussion. Teresa blinked as she heard the thuds coming from outside the room, grunting coming from the guards and Nerio, who was receiving her first punishment for her assault.

She had to wear cuffs and a muffle on her mouth at all times other than eating. She was placed in severe isolation from the group of immunes, her cell was all for her own, and the other immunes were strictly told to not talk to her, other wise they would suffer a form of punishment as well. Five months into being kidnapped, she was placed in the same group Aris had been for the whole time. Aris attempted to talk to her despite the severe warnings, she tried to tell him to not talk to her to spare him the punishment but she couldn't talk, so punished he was. 

At six months in captivity and 3 in near-isolation for Nerio. She rode on the back of the train carriage she was the only one in the three people seat. They heard voices from outside, the other members of the carriage started screaming and shaking their chains, she also shook her chains vigorously as if her life depended on it. because it probably did.  After some time, the carriage felt as if it were being lifted off the floor, after about an hour, the doors were open and in the other end, she saw Thomas and Newt enter. They looked around for Minho, but he wasn't there, other people entered and began unchaining everyone. 

Newt noticed her, he almost didn't recognize her but when he does he pushed through Thomas toward her.

"Nerio," he said as he touched her face and head, trying to take off her muffle. Once he did, he hugged her, pressing her tight against him, she buried her face on the crook of his neck inhaling deeply, it was so relieving to finally have contact with someone she knew. He pulled away and scanned her face, lip almost healed from a bruise, eye still had a faint yellowish and purple tint, he brushed her hair back and began unchaining her.

That day they were out into the right arm's care, she was properly fed and taken her wounds care of by Harriet and Sonya, who were also taking care of Aris. Newt, Frypan, and Thomas sat close by.

"What happened to you two?" Harriet asked, handing you and Aris a drink.

"Minho and I tried to escape together, but once they caught on they cut us off and put us as far away from each other as they could, then I tried on my own, and then..." she looked at Thomas, who probably didn't want to hear her talk about beating Teresa to a pulp "I attacked one of the scientists, after that, they put me in a muzzle and permanent isolation"

"They told us not to talk to her" Said Aris, hissing from Sonya cleaning his face "they were pretty strict but I needed to see if there was a way out... tried to talk to her, anyways"

"They had us on the move a lot. It felt like something big was happening." Sonya explained. Nerio sat uncomfortably on her seat, she rubbed her bruised wrists, they were bright red, in the inside of her arms. Newt placed a hand on her arm, trying to give her some sort of comfort that he knew he could never fully give, but she was grateful at his gesture.

"Any idea where they're headed?" Newt asked, still rubbing his thumb on her bare forearm. Her hands were slightly shaky.

"All I know is that they were headed to a city"

"There are no cities left" Brenda commented, her arms crossed and leaning on a desk.

That night Vince shut down Thoma's idea of where Minho could be at, even after Jorge's confirmation that it was likely he'd been taken there. After this, there was a WICKED aircraft roaming around where the Right Arm was, all the lights were shut off for the rest of the night. After a while of hiding, Newt, Frypan, and Nerio were together, talking in the dark,

"Thomas is gonna go after Minho, isn't he," Nerio said, tucking one of her legs to her chest, the other extended out right next to Newt, who sat in a similar fashion on the floor.

"Yup," he fidgeted with a twig in his hand.

"We're going with him, aren't we?" Frypan asked, already knowing the answer.

"Yup" Nerio replied, looking at Newt through the moonlight.

After this, they headed to the moving vehicle Newt knew that Thomas would take, with a bag each on their back. Newt waited outside of the car, Frypan on the steering wheel and Neiro on the back seat.

Thomas appeared soon enough, talking about how he didn't want to drag the three of them in, but they refused.

"Well, you'll need all the help you can get then, won't you?" Newt opened the front door of the car and revealed Frypan, the Nerio peeked her head out from the back seat a waved.

"You just escaped wicked, Nerio and you want to go back in?" Thomas said with disbelief.

"Well, we started this together. May as well end it that way, too." She replied with confidence. But still, she was deathly afraid of WICKED.

"Okay. Let's go get him back."