Back to Raeviel

10 Zenith, 13079

"You do not have to come with me. This is a family matter," I state, hoisting my gunnysack over my shoulder. 

"We are coming," Ashton states, plopping his gunnysack on the table. Its weight rattles the cups of ale Ryker, and Aleksander are drinking from. Others in the Ivory Fox look over. They expect a row. 

Oh, how well they know me and Ashton. I'll fight him if it means he stays here. 

"They are going, and that is final," Ryker states, his arms crossing over his chest. He leans back in his chair and stares up at me. 

"Fine." I set my gunnysack beside Ashton's and plopped into a chair. Aleksander passes me an empty cup. 

It's not like they can't track me or Lyall. Arin is rather good at it, and don't get me started on Nyx. The man's like a bloodhound. Fantastic for missions, but tracking me...is that how Aleksander found me two years ago? It's plausible. 

"Bree doesn't...Lyall looks a little out of place?" Aleksander states, gesturing to Lyall as he stands at the bar rail. 

Damn, he's right. Lyall looks royal even in his civvies. Lyall could wear a burlap sack for clothes and still look noble. It's just how he is. Even Ashton can make himself not look dignified, and he can be a handful of a royal pain in the arse. 

"He could learn the spell you use," Ashton states, handing me a filled cup of wine. 

Accepting the wine, I turn to my brother. I call his name and ask how advanced he is with his magic. 

"Advanced," Lyall states walking over with his ale in hand. 

"You don't know how advanced your brother is?" Ashton asks, pulling up a chair. 

"Cut me a break. I haven't seen him in two years," I grab Lyall's mug of ale and down its contents. Oh gross. That's the sour stuff. Ew, how can Lyall like that? Yick. I down the wine Ashton gave me.

Oh, that made it worse. Now I need water. 

I fill the empty mug with ice from my magic and wait. 

"That was mine, sister,"

"Too late, and I didn't even like it, so that's enough payback," I purse my lips and frown. Once the flavours of the wine, ale, and water simmer down, I turn to my brother. "Let's get you humanized," 

I stand and walk into the small training room just outside the tavern portion of the Ivory Fox. I've used this room many times with Rose and Arin. It makes for good practice in a close-quarters fight. Especially when it rains. The grass gets slippery, our clothes become soaked, and our vision impaired. 

It's all good fun. 

"How--"

I raise my hand and tell him to shut up. "I am going to show you how I execute the spell, then I'll show you how it is done with magic," This is how I do things magic related. I have to remember how to do it,, then I can show, I just do it. I don't have to think about it. It just happens. 

Wisely, Lyall keeps his mouth shut. 

Good. 

With little to no effort, I will body to change into a human. Hair that was previously held back by my ears, falls into my face. Damn, I'll have to braid that back. 

Lyall, on the other hand, balks at my transformation. 

"Your turn. I used these circles when I first began to transform," I draw circles in the air, filled with runes in ancient fae. Simple really. The complexity comes from not using circles.