Chapter 17: Homeward Bound

(Y/N's POV) 

You thought you weren't scared of Joshua. There was no reason for you to be right? After all, he was just trash. You remembered what Klavier had said about him being put away for assaulting Emily, and your blood ran cold. You sat in the faculty lounge, Arianna sitting next to you with her arms around you. You were shaking so badly it was hard to even hold a cup. (A/N. This is my trauma quirk, tbh. Whenever I'm faced with bad confrontation, or something really scares me, I shake uncontrollably, like, really badly. Usually some guided meditation helps.) You hiccuped as you tried to get the shaking under control, wiping your eyes again. You heard the door click as Klavier softly came into the room. He nodded at Arianna, who gave you one last squeeze before getting up to let Klavier take her place. Klavier simply pulled you into his lap, tucking you firmly against his chest. He buried his face into your hair, and you could feel him trembling almost as badly as you were. "I'm so, so sorry, baby. I'm sorry I wasn't there." your heart felt like it was going to shatter at the way his voice was breaking. "There was no way you could have known, Klavier. You came to my rescue when I needed it most." you said, tears flowing afresh, snuggling closer. You could see his eyes tearing as he wrestled with his emotions. "I love you, Y/N. I saw what you said to him in the video. I can't believe you endangered yourself for me, why would you ever do such a thing, baby, why?" You slipped your arm out in order to reach up to him, stroking his face. "Because you're the most important person in the world to me. You give me courage to face even the people who hurt me the most." You felt his chest hitch as he hid his face in your hair again. "...I don't deserve you... How on earth did I manage to get so lucky?" he said, softly into your hair. You gently moved away so you could pull him down, and the two of you shared a soft kiss, filled with grief, and sadness, yet still love. So much love for each other. You broke away, resting your forehead on his, feeling overwhelmed. "Let's go home, Klavier. I've had too much party for one night." He lifted you up as he stood, holding you bridal style. "Of course, baby." he said. 

Aunt Liesel was waiting for you to return nervously. Some students from the party uploaded Klavier's appearance, and the news channels were already circulating stories about Klavier protecting a lady from an ex-convict, bringing up even more of his past, stories of Kristoph and Daryan. You cringed inwardly, feeling terrible for the memories and attention this event was stirring up. "Oh my goodness, you poor dears," she sighed, sadly. "Are you okay, Y/N?" she asked, holding her arms out. You gratefully accepted her warm hug, relaxing as her slim arms surrounded you. "I'm ok, Auntie. I'm just really tired. I want to go to bed and lay down." Aunt Liesel sighed, stroking your hair. "Of course my dear. Did you tell your parents what happened yet?" she asked softly. You nodded your head in response. "Yes, I called them in the car and let them know we were heading home." You replied. "Alright my dear." Liesel said, "Hurry along to bed and rest up. You have a plane to catch tomorrow evening." She said gently. You nodded again, and you and Klavier made your way upstairs. He was silent as he helped you unzip your dress, and you didn't hear the usual singing from the bedroom while you got ready in the bathroom. The rooms felt empty and silent. You gently clicked open the bathroom door, and saw him sitting on the bed, head in his hands. You padded forward and climbed onto the bed beside him, resting your head on his shoulder. The two of you sat in silence until he broke it. He exhaled slowly. "I should have been there. I would have been able to prevent it if I hadn't had that stupid paparazzi moment, if I had never agreed to sing in the first place, if I had just been your boyfriend instead of the rockstar." he said, softly. In response, you chuckled gently. He looked at you in shock. "Klavier, my boyfriend is the rockstar. You, a rockstar, my boyfriend. And for what it's worth, I loved hearing you sing. I felt like the most special girl in the room. I never got to tell you, but your performance gave me goosebumps, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much, I was so happy. I loved it, and I love you." You stroked his arm and he kissed the top of your head. You continued, "You know, I was pretty badly shaken up by Joshua at the time, but in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't that bad. All he did was yell and grab me. He didn't pull a knife, or take me hostage, we made it out ok. The past is done and over, and I don't think you need to beat yourself up over not being by my side every single minute." you said. Klavier breathed deeply once again, and pulled you by your waist with him back into the pillows. He held you closer and kissed you long and deeply. "Thank you, Liebling," he said, breaking away. "Thank you. You make me so happy, Klavier. I don't need to worry about Joshua so long as I have you." He wrapped his arms tighter around your waist as he rolled over, ready to go to bed. "I love you, Y/N." he whispered into your neck. "I love you, too, Klavier." 

Your mom and dad stood tearfully as you loaded your bags in, getting ready to board the plane. "We're gonna miss you so much again, Y/N!" your mom said, hugging you tightly. "Aw Mamma, don't say that, you'll make me feel guilty," your father cleared his throat. "Don't let that boyfriend of yours get too handsy, Kiddo." he said teasingly. You blushed, and batted his arm as Klavier appeared by your side, His hair was ponytailed through a cap, and he was wearing jeans and a black sweater with white sneakers. You loved seeing him looking so casual. "Hey, Diane, John." he greeted your parents. "You ready to board yet, baby?" he asked, gently rubbing a circle on the back of your hand. "Yep. Just saying goodbye. Did David and Arianna already board?" you asked. Klavier nodded. "Yep. Ready to go when you are, well, we gotta leave soon, but you know what I mean." You laughed and nodded. You gave your parents one final hug, and boarded the plane alongside Klavier.

The plane ride home was peaceful. You loved Germany, but you were excited to get back to your life in Tokyo, earning your law degree, and deepening your relationship with Klavier. You played with a strand of his shining blonde hair as he gazed out the window, seemingly deep in thought. He sighed quietly a bit, and you glanced up at his face. He looked pensive, and his finger was fiddling with the ring on his third finger. Ring finger... I wonder how it would be to see him wearing a wedding band on that finger... you thought. You shook your head, there was no point thinking things like that right now. It could take him years to propose. Your head turned back to Klavier as he started to hum, you recognized the song as "Still Into You" by Paramore, and you smiled. It was your favorite song after all. You began to sing along softly, "Some things just, some things just make sense, and one of those is you and I..." you sang. Klavier turned at smiled at you and joined in, "Some things just, some things just make sense, and even after all this time..." he sang in his angelic voice. "Baby, not a day goes by, that I'm not into you..." You both finished together. You laughed, as he squeezed your hand. "Ah, I love that song so much," You said, settling back into your seat. Klavier continued stroking the back of your hand, his finger lingering a bit longer over your ring finger, though you didn't notice it. "Baby, you should sing for me more frequently. Your voice is so lovely. You're not sharing your talent enough." You smiled, "Maybe you can train me. I don't have a very good range." you said. His face lit up with a smile. "Of course I will. Be prepared to sing often, my Love. I won't let you out of this!" he said playfully. "Okay then, I'll be looking forward to it, darling." you responded, kissing his cheek.