Chapter Two : Flashback

Arianna helps you collect your bags and leads you out to her silver (Fave/Car) "Ooh this is a nice car, Ari!" You awed "Thanks! I can hardly ever find anywhere to park it, so I end up walking a lot around here though! I was glad to take it out today!" She replies, obviously happy you complimented it. Arianna is such a car person. After you finish loading your luggage into the trunk, you and Arianna get into the car to head back to her apartment (Foreign cars, for my American friends, the passenger seat is on the left side, and the drivers is on the right. It's reversed in the USA!) 

Ari turns on the radio as she starts her car, and Guilty Love, by the mega hit rockstar, Klavier Gavin, comes on. "Wow, I haven't heart this song in a while!" you laugh. "Really? I thought you'd listen to his stuff more since you guys were friends in school!" Arianna replies, deftly turning into the busy street. "We weren't really friends I don't think. The last time I saw him was when he was nineteen. That was like, 6 years ago." you told her. "That's right, didn't he graduate school like a year early?" Arianna asked. You laughed "Girl, he was a lawyer by the time he was 17, he was working on his college work through high school. We did hang out a bit, but he was always so busy trying to follow Kristoph's steps!" Arianna sighed at the name Kristoph.

"Why did you sigh?" you asked her.
"I was just thinking its pretty sad what he's been through lately." she replies.
"Who, Kristoph?" you query.
"No, well yes, but I was talking about Klavier. Didn't you hear about what Kristoph did?" She asked.
"No...?" you reply with a frown.
 Arianna turns onto the highway and turns down the radio before replying. "It's been a pretty rough year for Klavier. Kristoph was arrested and sentenced to death for multiple accounts. He murdered two people, and attempted a third, and forged evidence to get another lawyer disbarred. He attempted to frame innocent people." Arianna sounded sad as she told you the story. "On top of that, Klavier's lead guitarist, Daryan, was found guilty of murder, he killed a foreign agent to hide a smuggling case."
Suddenly the upbeat rock music sounded empty and hollow to your ears. "No way, poor Klavier..." you whisper, feeling shocked at the news. "I don't know how you missed all this, girly" Arianna said. 
"I just don't keep up with the news much..." you reply. 

The both of you were silent for a few minutes as Arianna continued driving home. After the silence dragged on, Arianna spoke up. "Do you think Klavier remembers you at all?" She asked with a smile.
"Oh, I doubt it," you shook your head. "Like I said, the last time I saw him was so long ago!".
The both of you continued to chat and laugh, trying to lighten the mood on the way home. 

(Klavier's POV)

On a plane back to Germany, a blonde rockstar quietly, watching the clouds out the window, "Still Into You" by Paramore played in his headphones. He couldn't get the scene of the radiant girl laughing as she chased her friend through the airport out of his head. "Could it be her?" He thought to himself. He pulled out his phone and swiped in his photos app to the year 2021. (for all intents and purposes, lets forget a pandemic happened. I don't feel like writing it.) Pulling up photos from the party he attended after his success as a rockstar and prosecutor took off, he smiled at the pictures of him and various people from his school.  

The final picture he took was with a cute girl, with a (f/c) close fitting dress, and black crisscrossed heels, (h/c) hair braided over her shoulder, with wisps escaping from her time at the party. Her (e/c) eyes were filled with laughter as she smiled into the camera. In the picture, he stood behind her, leaning over a bit to accommodate her short stature, his hand on her bare shoulder. She was only seventeen at the time, but still one of the most beautiful girls he'd ever met, he thought. 

Most of his memories of that night were hazy, but he remembered the last time he saw her clearly. His eyes had been on her as she was dancing and laughing with her friends, the strobing lights making her dress sparkle. She definitely was the life of the party. When the song ended, she made her way over to the drink table, and chatted with a group of girls while getting refreshments. After a few minutes, she bade them goodbye, and moved over to where he was sitting. 

"Klavier!..." she called out softly.
He turned to smile at her "Hey, Fraulein!" he patted her head. She scoffed at him.
"Could you not treat me like a kid? I'm only two years younger than you!" she said, although she didn't really mind. Her smile dropped a bit as she said "Are you going back to Tokyo tomorrow?"
Klavier frowned, and pushed his bangs out of his eyes. "Yes, I leave tomorrow morning. You'll miss me, ja?"
 She pouted, and he hid a smile at how cute he thought it was.
"Of course I will. First Arianna leaves, and now you're going back to Tokyo."
He wonders momentarily who Arianna is, before he notices she's staring off into the distance, frowning.
"Hey, Y/N." he calls softly, her attention snaps back to him.
He pulls out his phone. "Why don't you take a picture with me for me to remember you by?" he asks.
She smiles, happily. "Of course!" She replies. They get into position, and smile as Klavier snaps the selfie. "That turned out beautifully." he says, showing her the picture.
She blushes and lightly bats his arm, before glancing at the clock on his phone. "Oh SHOOT! It's almost 11pm! My parents will kill me if I don't get home soon!" she cries out. She grabs her bag, and her jacket, before turning back to him. "I need to go home now." She says.
She frowns again, and blinks back a couple unshed tears before smiling at him "I hope you have a good flight back to Tokyo, Klavier. And good luck with your band!" She says.
Klavier smiles back, before leaning down to wrap his arms around her waist, pulling her close to his chest, as a goodbye hug. He pulls back before saying "Goodbye, Leibe, I know we'll see each other again." and he quickly leaned in and kissed her forehead.
He could see her cheeks turn a bit pink as she smiled shyly at him, and then ran off to join her friend for the ride home. 

Klavier turned off his phone, and decided to try taking a nap on the plane, as he hadn't slept much lately. He smiled as he drifted off, thinking of his teen years and the lovely Fraulein that had been his first (and maybe only) love.