CHAPTER 51

Rafael

"What do you want those for?" Trouble said while pointing the kite I bought for us "It's  going to be windy at the beach today"

"Flying kite s? At the beach?"

"Yep, let's go" I dragged him on our way to the beach "Dito ata yun eh" Napakamot nalang ako sa batok, hindi ko mahanap ang lugar na sinasabi ni Nong Isko.

"Ano ba kasing hinahanap mo dyan?" Trouble seemed irritated. I made him walk under the sun for almost an hour.

"Ouch" I shouted when I tripped on a small rock and landed on a big bush. "Rafael! Where are you? Are you playing a prank on me?"

"Over here!" I shouted again, calling his attention. He immediately went to help me "You should be careful next time, what if something worse will happen"

"You're too serious-- Oh there it is!" I said pointing at the non crowded part of the beach. "Let's go, let's go!" I ran towards the beach. The wind started to blow and later on, it started to lift the kites up in the air.

I stared at Trouble's back while he's busy flying a kite. I smirked when I thought of an idea. I tied the kite on a tree near me and started running towards him.

"Trouble!" He was about to turn but before he could, I jumped on his back "Hey, let go, you're heavy"

"Excuse me?" I punched him lightly and he just laughed at me. He didn't mind me and continued flying his kite while im still acting like a monkey on his back.

"Trouble?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you have extra clothes?" He looked at me in confusion "For what?"

"There's a cliff over there, let's jump" He swallowed hard "No can do Rafael" Ibinaba nya ako. "Why?"

"I-I I-umm"

"You are?" He seems hesitant to tell me "I- I'm afraid of heights" Something doesn't add up. If he's afraid of heights why does he sat at the edge of the rooftop. He even tried jumping on it.

"Oh- okay" for the past thirty minutes, I observed him. He flinched a lot whe he's near the sea.

"Trouble?"

"Yes?"

"Watch me jump at the cliff" He stopped and look at me with a creepy smile "You go there, I'll be right here"

"Come on!" I dragged him on the cliff. He also tried to get away and everytime he does, I'll give him a glare and he would stop.

"I'll jump now"

"Just don't" He said firmly. I really wanted to laugh at his reaction "Bye" Without hesitation I jumped.

When I hit the water, I swam towards the other side of the cliff without showing him to see his reaction.

He looked worried when I didn't show myself on the surface. "Rafael!" He called me "Tell me you didn't drown so I won't have to save you!" I almost laughed so hard at his reaction.