CHAPTER 38

Trouble

I tried to follow Rafael but I can't find him. He really risked his life just to get that wallet. Anong importanteng bagay ba ang nandun?

Hindi naman sya nagdala ng maraming pera ngayon ah.

I saw him running towards the crowd. I then followed him "Rafael!" I tried to call him but he didn't listen.

"Rafael" I shouted again but he disappeared from my sight. I cussed under my breath. I looked at different directions until I saw him near an alley.

"He was holding the wallet and blood was dripping on his shoulders  "What happened to you? Why did you chase that guy. You could've just let him take your wallet!"

"I can't, your childhood photo is in my wallet" I gently snapped his head "I can give you many of those anytime" I hugged him tightly.

I ripped some parts of my uniform and tied it on his wound "Should we go to the hospital?" I asked.

"Wag na, okay lang ako. I learned my lesson"

"As you should, don't chase snatchers again" Sermon ko sakanya "That's not it, natutunan kong wag ilagay yung picture mo sa wallet baka manakaw nanaman to"

Napailing nalang ako. He never listened.

"Let's go home so that I can clean your wound throughly" He nodded. "Did it hurt so much?" I asked while driving.

"No, but it stings a little bit" I sighed "Don't do that again, you made me worried"

"I'm sorry" He hugged me from the back and I felt relieved. We arrived at our condo. I washed his wounds, put some alcohol on the side and finally covered it with bandage.

"Do you still want to eat dinner? I'll cook if you want"

"I got hungry while chasing the snatcher and I would really love to taste your cooking again. It's been a week since you last cook" he said.

"What do you want?" I asked while putting the apron on "something that is grilled and also chicken nuggets" Tumayo sya para ta may kinuha sa freezer.

"Raf don't eat desserts before dinner" I reminded him "I won't, I'm looking for ice cubes, I want to try this milkshake recipe"

"I thought you don't like chicken nuggets?" Pasimple syang natawa "How could I dislike it when you made me eat it for weeks straight"

Napakamot nalang ako sa batok "We have tests coming up, let's do a review together"

"Yeah, let's do that tonight" I said while putting some cooking oil in the pan.

Rafael on the other hand is slicing strawberries for his milkshake toppings.

After the grilled beef was cooked, we both started eating "Where's your wristband?" My forehead creased when I realized he hasn't been  wearing his wristband.

"On my bag, it was itchy so I took it off, are you mad?" He sounded so sweet. "No, it's fine"

"Really? I'll wear it back if you want?"

"No, it's really fine, it doesn't matter" To be honest,  I wasn't really forcing him to wear it. It was quite itchy so I knew this would happen.

He doesn't like uncomfortable things.

"I'm done, finish your food fast" Niligpit ko ang sariling pinagkainan. Bago pa ako maka-alis ng lababo ay may pumulupot sa beywang ko "I'll wear it tomorrow, I promise"

Kunot-noo ko syang tinignan "No its fine really?" I was confused by the way he's acting right now.

"You look upset" His grip tightened. I turned to face him "I'm fine, really. I understand and I don't want you to wear something uncomfortable" I said firmly.

"I'll wear it" Makulit na aniya. "Okay, do what ever you like" I kissed his cheeks before turning and continued washing the plates.

"I still wonder what Keisler and Philipps relationship with each other" Rafael said while staring at the screen of his computer.

"I told you, don't get involve in other people's business" I sighed. Here we go again.

"I'm just gonna stalk them, please" He pleaded on his puppy eyes "Okay fine, to ease that curiosity of yours, you can stalk them on facebook or any social media just don't get yourself in trouble for butting in to somebody else's business"

"Harsh, but sad to say wala akong mahahanap dito sa facebook nya" I stared at him in disbelief.

"So what do you want? Stalk them for real--"

"Yes, exactly" He cut me. "Tomorrow, I know where Keisler will be. Come with me" And now he's dragging me into this. "NO" I said.

"We won't get caught, I promise. Just come with me after school. If you don't, I'll just come alone and because I'm clumsy, Keisler will know I was following him and we will get into fights. It will last so long and our friendship will be ruined. Do you like that?" I gulped hard. He's driving me insane.

"You" He's definitely trying to trick me "Okay fine" He jumped out of happiness.

Napailing nalang ako. The worst thing is that I know he’s trying to trick me but I still let him.
"

You're the best" He said and cuddled with me on the sofa.

"You're just saying that to please me" He pouted  "I'm not, your really are the best" He planted soft kisses on my cheeks.

"My Trouble is the best" He said for the second time "That's enough, I thought we are having a review?" I saw him laugh.

"Oh- right. Let's do it tomorrow" I glared at him "Sabi ko nga, eto na oh" We started doing our homeworks and studied together.

Rafael fell asleep on the sofa so I decided to tidy up table before moving him to the bed. My head started to ache so I wore my eyeglasses.

Yes, I have eyeglasses. I don't wear them often 'cause it's uncomfortable. I only wear it when I have headaches.

After moving Rafael, I looked at the closet for some clean clothes but there was none. I have no choice but to go to my condo.

When I got out, I saw a familiar figure standing in front of my condo. I couldn't see his face.

He didn't do anything and minutes after he turned, so I saw a glimpse of his face. My feet was glued to the ground.

How could that be possible?

"Zyrus!"

To be Continued....