Escaping the abyss, leaving home

Dark...

This was home until now.

A dark hole where failed vessels where thrown, not hollow enough to be the pure vessel, not empty enough to contain that ancient light and stop the infection.
Mass of void-made creatures wander on a pavement made of horned skulls, too broken to become a body. Except for on five-horned skull with only some light scratches on it. None of the other shades had noticed it, all but one, who had noticed and decided to make it their new body.
Entering the skull the shade had found a new body in that sea of void, in both liquid and shade form, and skulls, now the only thing needed was an escape. They could claim all the platforms till the exit, but the king, their father, had locked it long ago to prevent the other failed shade to escape as they hold no role nor importance. But the king wasn't there anymore, vanished with his pale palace into the dream world, probably dead now, so a new ruler for Hollownest was needed, someone else with the king's brand to open the door. And so had happened, another vessel who had already escaped faced their half sister, protector of the brand, and won, unlocking their way out.
They waited for a bit before exiting, scared that the sibling that opened the door or the princess of Hollownest could attack them and probably kill them for they barred no nail or soul to protect themself, but, in the end after a long time, they did, they had left the abyss. But what awaited them wasn't pleasing: the kingdom that ones was they're home was now a longstanding memory. All was lost and ended, barely any insects walked through the streets and the rest were mainly just the exoskeletons, their abandoned carapaces.
Thankfully they had found and old nail near a horned skull in Greenpath, and a dream nail in the Resting grounds, but now they had to leave, because this place had nothing to offer anymore if not dreadful memories of a broken kingdom destined to fall.

Leave... but where to?
They didn't know, they didn't care.
They found themself wander through various worlds, some friendly, some less welcoming. Some full of life, other just like Hollownest, destroyed and desolated. Other again on the verge of death, but with still some hope to prosper once again.
Being maily hollow the vessel didn't really acknowledged their surroundings properly, even if, sometimes, a pinch of curiosity taunted them to stay and watch what that world had to offer, what disgraces and joys animated those... stories and plays.
But their mind was full with the original plan for their kind, be hollow to contain the infection, and so they ignored the feeling, without knowing that there was no need to be hollow anymore, the Radiance has been defeated forever, they're of no use now.
They continued to wander and the feeling was always more intense, that little voice, the curiosity that started wearing out their mind.
And, in the end, had won.
The vessel had arrive to a new world, this time to stay and explore.
A world full of humans with spectacular powers, abilities and features called quirks.
An intriguing choice, isn't it?