The End and Beginning

Start from the beginning

I looked at Shawn as we danced and it felt like I could dance forever. He held on to me as we danced through the night. We danced for two hours before we went to the V.I.P table and grabbed something good to sip on.

"Alright everyone its time for the birthday speeches. Mama Gloria how about you?"

Mama Gloria walked up as the crowd clapped for her.

"Where do i begin? For 30 sumin' whole years, I've held you, fed you, hugged you, entertained you, laughed with you, cleaned you and cleaned up after you, answered your questions, dried your tears, high-fived your achievements. I've spent hours fretting, researching, discussing and wondering about how you're progressing socially, emotionally and academically. I'm often telling you to quieten down, slow down, clean up, hurry up. I may nag, I may yell, I may sigh with frustration. I discipline and punish. I lay down tough rules. And yes, I make you empty the dishwasher, pick up your stinky socks, turn off your device, do your homework, eat your vegetables, flush the toilet and play nicely with your sister.Because this is all part of the contract I made with my heart when I became a parent. Its design, other than to protect my sanity, is to show you the path to becoming a good person. Because I consider that job number one. I'm confident that you have the building blocks to show you the way. Thank you for being the best you can be Shawn. Happy birthday son, I love you."

Everybody either awed' or had tears in there eyes from mama's speech. It was so sentimental. Shawn jumped on stage and hugged and kissed her.

"Alright next we have Shawn's best friend Ty. Come on Ty."

"Good afternoon ladies, gentleman, boys and girls!

Where can you even begin to discuss a man that has come from such humble beginnings, a man who like a shooting star is rising quickly to the very top of his profession? How do you mention how he has achieved this purely through his own intelligence, grit and the ability to go that extra mile and push through where others have fallen? what can you say about a man who distinguishes himself at the very highest level amongst his peers, of whom no one can utter a bad word? But enough about me, what I'm really here for this afternoon is to talk about Shawn Carter. Are we all having a good time? Don't worry about this speech, I read somewhere that a good best man speech shouldn't take any longer than it takes the Shawn to make love. So ladies and gentlemen - I give you Shawn Carter. Just joking I'm not going to speak too long today because of my throat (give a little cough) if I go on too long Bey has threatened to cut it! In case you haven't figured it out yet, the reason I'm stood up here now is because, Kanye picked me, Ty as the one and only bestfriend Shawn will ever have. So what defines a bestfriends duties? I decided to do some research on it and one site I found broadly described the bestfriends duties as being - And I quote: "At the beginning of the party the bestfriend should help keep things running smoothly by offering around drinks and introducing people".I for one have no objections for the socializing part but at $3.50 a pint I would remind everyone that the hip flask I smuggled in will only just about stretch around the top table. So my apologies for that! But on a serious not I thank Shawn for all he has done for me and my family. He deserves all the happiness in the world. Happy Birthday!"

"WOOOOOTTTT, nice speech Ty" Shawn screamed from the back.

We all laughed as Kanye went on stage and introduced me as the next speech giver.

"Alright well, I just want to say that you've been wtih me from my lowest point to my highest. you've taken care of me and made me feel better than I ever have before. Even after the accident and after all that has come with that situation when there was no hope you never gave up on us and I love you for that. You make me crazy. I feel like a giddy teenager in love when I hold you. I get weak knees when you kiss me. I giggle when you flirt with me. I get turned on by your every move. Even after all these years. I love you from the deepest corner of my heart. Happy birthday my love. I hope destiny keeps giving you wonderful surprises every single day of your life. I have a gut feeling that you are going to have a super year ahead."

Shawn came up to me and planted a huge one on my lips. he took the microphone from me and grabbed my hand.

"I would love to thank everyone for showing up tonight. I really appreciate it. I would like to thank everyone who helped create this party and making me the happiest man alive, especially you Beyonce. I wrote you something and I want to say it.

You are the sun that shines bright throughout my day,
You are the gravity that holds me down in every way.
You are the moon that shimmers throughout my night,
You are stars that glimmer oh so bright.

You are the oxygen that keeps me alive,
You are my heart that beats inside.
You are the blood that flows through me,
You are the only woman I can see.
You have the voice of when a mocking bird sings,
You are my everything.

You are my one and only,
You stop me from being so lonely.
We plan our future as if we have a clue,
I never want to lose you.
I want you to be my wife and I want to be your husband,
I want to be with you for the rest of my life, so Beyonce Giselle Knowles will you do me the honor of making me the happiest man alive and marry me?" Shawn was in front of me on bended knee and all I could do was cry. I wiped my tears and shook my head. "Yes Shawn I would love...to be your wife."

Shawn scooped me up and we kissed. This is the start of something new.

THE END

__________________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading the book. I hope you have enjoyed it and will continue to follow me onto me other story 'The Doctors'