Delusion [Part 1]

Credits to ユキ
www.pixiv.net/en/users/14352467

     "That could have gone better..." Amber's sigh slowly led to a small chuckle as the two of you come back a bit exhausted from a mission.

      "I don't know, we were supposed to scout a Hilichurl camp... Now there's no more Hilichurl camp. Seems like a win to me." You tell her as you laugh a long.

       "Geez, we're only supposed to gather intel first! We can't just rush in and try to take on an entire camp!" Amber scolded.

       "It was just a few Hilichurls, we handled them easily."

       "If there was a Lawachurl or an Abyss mage you'd be acting different." Amber shook her head at you.

        You let out a laugh once more, finally reaching the grandmaster's office. You push the door open, "Master Jean, we're ba—"

       "How could you have been so stupid?!" A red haired man slammed the table a he yelled at the Calvary Captain, Kaeya.

         "I sincerely apologize, Diluc. I sent my best men to guard it yet someone managed to steal it without their knowing..."

        "Need I remind you of the incompetence of your men? Which is why I had even just a thread of trust that you would have secured it yourself!"

         "Don't worry, I'll have it back to you by—"

         "I'm starting to lose what's little that's left I had for the knights of Favonious, you know that right?"

          "Ah, is this a bad time?" You awkwardly smile as you take steps back.

         "No no, we're just finishing this off..." Jean stopped you from leaving. She looked back at the guest and placed her hand on her chest. "Sir Diluc, I promise you, we'll send the knights throughout Mondstadt to find your father's vision. The perpetrator couldn't have gone too far yet, We'll make sure you have it back."

        The red haired man switched his glance away from Kaeya and to the acting grandmaster. He fixed his posture and calmed down a bit.

       "Fine, I'll take your word for it..."

       "Hey..." Kaeya sighed as if he noticed how he got treated differently.

        Diluc spared one last glance at Kaeya before taking the leave. You quickly moved out of the way of the door to let him past, a very hot aura emitted from him. You notice the Pyro vision hanging on his person, but Amber also has one and it isn't this intense.

       "Wh-what was that about?" You pointed at the man that just left.

       "That was Diluc Ragnvindir, he's the one that owns Dawn Winery... and he used to be a knight." Amber answered.

         "He seemed pretty angry, what happened?"

         "Well you see, I had borrowed his delusion to have Albedo somehow try to study its nature. But overnight it was stolen, culprit currently unknown." Kaeya shrugged.

           "You seem awfully calm even after being yelled like that." You stared at the Calvary Captain's face. "A delusion? You mean those fake visions, I thought they were just rumors."

        "Fake is a term for it. But that doesn't mean it just a cheap replica for looks..." Jean took a seat on her chair. "Whoever made those things somehow managed to make it replicate the power one would get when gifted a vision. And it can even be stronger..."