not the first time

My eyes felt heavy, and it was like my heart was physically hurting. I was in the comfort of my own bed and, I could feel Owen next to me.

"When will she wake up, mom?" Owen whispered, his voice laced with worry.

"The doctor said she's in shock," mom replied with a sigh, "she needs time to come to terms with it." She added.

I opened my eyes slowly and glanced at them. "Oh, you're awake!" Mom blurted. "Are you ok?" She asked.

I sighed and nodded my head. "Is there anything you need?" She asked as she sat next to me. I shook my head and closed my eyes again.

"We'll be downstairs if you need us." She consoled, placing her hand on my shoulder and squeezing gently.

She gestured her head at Owen to follow her. He stood up, glanced at me with a sad expression then followed mom out of my room.

I dragged a breath in. I don't know what I'm supposed to do now. I never expected this to happen. I don't know how to deal with this. My head is a mess, and nothing makes sense. I don't understand why he would do this.

'We won't know unless we ask.' Athena whispered.

'I can't talk to himI don't want to see him.' I whimpered.

'He said she might be pregnantnot that she was.' She mentioned.

'Of courseshe's pregnant.' I snapped.

She whimpered but didn't reply.

It doesn't matter what he thinks she will be pregnant because it's our heat season.

So, not only did he sleep with someone then lie, but he also slept with her during the heat, knowing full well what could have happened.

I screamed into my pillow then broke down in tears. Why has everything turned out this way? I cried until there were no more tears. I laid in my bed motionless.

At some point, I fell asleep. I woke up, and the moon was shining brightly into my room. I groaned and sat up. I swung my legs off my bed and leaned forward with my head in my hands. The bond was messing with me; I missed him. I missed him so much.

I needed to see him. I needed to know why he did it. I stood up, grabbing my jacket and trainers before sneaking out of my room.

"Going somewhere?" Owen's voice startled me. I took a deep breath and turned to him. "I need to see him," I whispered.

He nodded and smiled at me. "Go," He muttered. I offered him a small smile before creeping down the stairs. I reached the front door and quietly opened it.