Part 4 - The Orca Chases the Polar Bear

Start from the beginning

Tay sat up, and pushed himself to lean against a wall. Red, sweaty and with small dark marks now beginning to form here and there, he took the time to study New before speaking again. "I hope so, because we're not finished yet."

New raised his arm slightly to peer at Tay and dropped it without answering. He was turned down. What more did they need to talk about?

Knowing that he had to explain but this wasn't the time or place, that what had happened between New and his friend, his Instagram, and most importantly, the manager, well, they had been lucky that no one had found them yet. Tay jumped at the furious pounding on the door.

New didn't even move when it started. "Don't answer it. He knows I'm here. The ass will hunt down the key from the station manager, or at least, that's what he's done before." A tiny smile crossed his face and was gone. "So I changed the lock. We have several hours yet until they find a locksmith."

He finally sat up and reached for his phone on the counter and googled his name. "Fuck, would you look at how I'm trending? You would seriously think that as a BL actor, I'm not allowed to know a woman unless she's a co-worker in a series." New shook his head sadly and threw the phone back down. "May I see yours please?"

"Why?"

"Why?" New laughed, "To check if they're crucifying me on IG, of course. Or Twitter... Either of those accounts of yours will work."

Tay didn't want to. He didn't like seeing New hurt this way. Now he could tell it was an act. The first time it had happened, he really thought he hadn't cared, he was strong. He could see through to how vulnerable he really was. It made him appealing, likeable, someone he wanted to take care of.

Still, it was New's choice. He opened his phone and passed it to New.

New gave a small nod of thanks and opened IG first. They had both posted the same photo promoting an upcoming live streams and underneath were thousands of comments calling New out for cheating. The fan 'detectives' even had Day's personal information posted there. He shook his head sadly. The lawyer was going to have fun. He took screen shots and sent them to the lawyer.

Twitter was worse in the DM's. New fought back tears. Again, he took screen shots and sent them to the lawyer. He called the bodyguard and hired another one, and called his house, his parents and told them to be careful.

Tay grabbed his phone back and read his DM's. He threw the phone across the small room and the screen cracked. "Why do they think this is alright? Do they really believe that I care about what they think? They don't know you, Newwie!"

They heard it when the key didn't work in the lock. "Do you want to be fired, New? Is that it? You get your ass out of that room now? I will find a way to pry you out, you know it!" Pure fury, even a touch of hatred was in that loud voice. 

Inside the small dressing room, New looked at Tay and smiled. "You see what G-TV sent to manage my career? I wonder if he's even human sometimes."

Standing up and calmly walking to the door, he replied, "I know. But listen to me, you piece of shit! I'm doing things my way, this time, not yours, not G-TV's. It's my fucking life. I don't give a fucking shit if I earn another dollar for you crooks. I do care about my safety, my family and my friends. So go ahead, I understand you, Mr. Manager, I'll walk out right now, just understand I'm finishing things the way I started them."

The manager hit the door one last time and swore. Silence reigned. New shared a look with Tay. For good measure, he continued, "And just so you know, I'd love to be fired." He winked at Tay and smiled. 

"Okay, okay." The manager went into damage control. "Why don't we both calm down and apologize for saying hasty things?"

"I'm not hasty. You've called me a names for the last time." New replied. "I am nor have I ever been in a relationship. I need to have friends. I need support. G-TV has dumped me every time, not only me, but my supposed partner as well. We were both left so isolated the last time, we didn't know what to do." 

"Well, you know... that's the way the public liked it." the manager mumbled. "It made money."

"Fuck your money. It's our mental health. How can we make you money if you screw up our heads that way?" New knocked on the door. "Take this back to your bosses. I'm not in their circus anymore. I know the contract. I will do only what the contract requires. They can't push for more. I hired a lawyer and each show they want from me needs an individual contract."

They heard nothing from the other side of the door. Nothing... minutes passed. New found his shirt and did up what buttons he could, tucking it in. Tay slipped on his T-shirt.

Then, New once again collapsed to the floor, shaking. Even though that was sight unseen, it was hard and scary. 

Tay crouched by him. "Can you do that? Is it legal?"

"Perfectly. In fact, that's how the much older actors do it, even when they are with agencies." New gave that fleeting smile. "I told you, I have a lawyer now." He rubbed a hand over his eyes. "God, I'm tired."

Looking at him, there was only one place Tay wanted him: in his bed. "Come home with me."

New stared up at him, rapidly blinking his eyes. He knew an invitation when he saw one. He heard more in it than just friendship. Was this something they should do?