"You have to hear me out first before you leave." I frowned, breathing angrily.

"I don't have time to listen to you." He replied crankily then left the room.

Gosh, I was dying from this anger.

***

It was nighttime but Hames hadn't returned. I had done my night skincare and haircare routine after a very long bath but Hames still wasn't here.

I was more than scared. I kept pacing around the room, glancing at my phone's screen at short intervals to check if there was a new message from Hames.

He wasn't answering my phone calls either. I hated this sort of treatment. I needed Hames back and not this grumpy CEO.

I heard a clinking sound from the other side of the door, drawing my attention to it. It was pushed open then Hames walked in, dragging his feet.

"Jeez, Hames. Where have you been?" I scuttled to him, trying to see if he looked drunk but he simply looked tired, not drunk.

"Why do you care?" He replied frigidly.

His voice was kinda scary but I frowned. "I was worried." I folded my arms across my chest.

"You don't have to be worried about me. I have other things to attend to in my life." He wanted to walk away but I stood in front of him.

"Why won't I be worried? Really, Hames. I don't like this attitude from you. You're being grumpy, heartless Mr. Hendrix. Also, bringing another woman into our hotel room and sleeping with her is breaching our marriage contract." I stated clearly. "Firstly, you're not supposed to let anyone know our marriage isn't perfect and secondly, neither of us is permitted to cheat on the other." My anger was rising again. "It's also against our wedding vows."

"You don't have to care about the contract or vows, right?" He flared his nose. "They are just a joke to you. Whether or not I sleep with other women shouldn't concern you either."

His words sent a pang across my heart. "It's not a joke to me. We're both stuck in this marriage, okay?"

"Why are you so jealous?"

"I'm not jealous." I retorted unsurely.

He exhaled, shaking his head with a roll of his eyes. "I need to have a bath. Stop pestering me."

"Why won't you accept my apology?" Frustration was an understatement to what I was feeling right now.

"Do you realize you're not apologizing at all? Why should you? I should be apologizing for wasting my time and constantly trying to make you love me back when it's clearly pointless." He walked away from me, grabbed his towel and clothes then left for the bathroom.

I couldn't take this at all. I was feeling really irked, it felt like I was losing my mind.

Slowly, I shambled to the bed and laid on it, watching the bathroom door, listening to the sound of water from in it.

After a few minutes, Hames returned in only his shorts and his towel over his neck. His shirtless body once again made sparks occur inside me. How could anyone look this hot? Was it even legal?