Lᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡᴀʟᴋ - 25

Start from the beginning

"Eh? But-" - She tried to oppose but the two shook their heads, cutting her off.

"It's alright." - Kamo reassured her.

"Wanna tag along?" - Toudou asked.

"Sure." - Y/n nodded in agreement as she walked off with them.

"You are quite strong for a first year." - Kamo commented, praising her.

"Am I?" - Y/n asked.

"How can you even oppose to that?" - Toudou asked, tilting his head.

The girl chuckled.

"Well, that was nothing." - She said.

The two stopped, watching her in shock.

After making a few more steps, she stopped and turned around.

"Anything wrong?" - Y/n asked, tilting her head.

"Ah, nothing." - Kamo said as they caught up to her.

"Just, to say it was nothing..." - Toudou said as he was looking at her in awe.

She chuckled once again.

"One day, maybe you will understand what I mean." - She said, turning around and continuing to walk.

The two gulped, although confusion crept inside them.

But Toudou understood part of it as he knew who she was.

As soon as they followed her, the muscular boy noticed her back.

"Oi, Kanako!" - He called to the girl, making her turn around.

"Is there something wrong, Toudou-senpai?" - She asked, tilting her head.

"Your back is wet." - He said, pointing out, then added. - "And cut it off. Just call me Toudou."

"Hmm. And about that, Nobara hugged me while her hands were wet. Don't worry, it's not a big deal." - The girl said with a small, reassuring smile.

He sighed.

"Wait." - He took off his jacket and put it on her back as he made sure it wouldn't fall off.

"T-thank you." - The girl blushed slightly as she looked at him and gripped the upper part that was rested on her shoulders.

"You are gonna catch a cold if you stay like this. It's getting cold at night." - He said with concern in his voice.

The girl's face quickly lost its emotions.

"Alright, thanks mom." - She deadpanned.

Toudou blushed from embarrassment as Kamo snickered.

"S-shut up!" - He quickly looked away.

They continued further.

"A-anyways," - Toudou began after a few minutes of silent walking. - "What is your grade?" - He asked Y/n.

"I don't have a grade yet." - She answered simply.

"Eh? But with your abilities I thought you were a high-grade sorcerer!" - He exclaimed, surprised.

"If I remember right, the girls were talking about this when they first saw your fight." - Kamo said.

"On the first day when she fought with me?" - Toudou asked.

He nodded. - "I think the first year girl mentioned something about an upcoming event in which her grade would be decided on."

Y/n nodded.

"On this event will be decided whether I will be a first-grade or high-grade sorcerer." - She explained.

"In my opinion, they should leave the examination part. You are clearly a high-grade sorcerer!" - Toudou exclaimed.

"Well, I will be fighting versus first and high-grade sorcerers as well as exorcising curses." - The girl added.

The boys stopped and looked at her in amazement.

"Will you manage?" - Kamo asked, looking at her in shock and slight worry.

Y/n chuckled as she swirled around.

"You could say so." - The girl wore a Cheshire cat grin.

The two Kyoto boys didn't know what to say but to watch her in awe.

Smiles soon crept on their faces.

"Well, since it's you, I'm sure you will beat their asses off!" - Toudou exclaimed with a wide smile.

"From what I know, Gojou-sensei will be taking part too, but I don't want to hurt him." - She said, sadness visible in her voice.

"What do you mean hurt? I thought that no one is able to touch him let alone hurt him." - Kamo asked wondering as both watched her confused.

"Never mind." - The girl laughed a bit. - "Lets head back. It's getting late."

The two nodded, still confused about what she meant.

As they returned, Y/n handed back Toudou's jacket.

"Thank you a lot, Toudou." - She said with a smile.

He nodded. - "I hope it was keeping you warm."

"It did." - The girl nodded.

"Alright then. Good night, Kanako." - Kamo said with a smile as he waved, parting ways.

"Good night!" - Toudou followed him.

"Good night Toudou, Kamo." - She waved back, walking to the dorm room.

"What took you so long?!" - Kugisaki yelled in worry at Y/n as soon as she entered the room.

"I'm sorry, Nobara." - The girl apologized. - "I didn't want to head back right away so I went out for a walk. I joined Toudou and Kamo and forgot about time." - She explained, rubbing the back of her head.

Kugisaki sighed.

"If you catch a cold, don't come running to me." - She said, scolding her.

"Don't worry. It's not so cold outside so it wouldn't affect me even slightly bit. Plus Toudou gave me his jacket." - She said as a slight tint of blush appeared on her cheeks.

"It probably wouldn't if your back wasn't all wet! It's my fault though, sorry." - She sighed but soon a smirk appeared on her face. - "A new ship?" - She asked slyly.

"Eh? N-Nobara!" - The girl's face turned redder as she shouted at her.

Kugisaki chuckled as she saw her reaction.

"There's nothing wrong about that. You are a bit older than him but it doesn't matter. You can love whoever you want~" - She said, teasing Y/n but with truth in her words.

The girl pouted a bit as the reddish color faded away slowly.

"I'm happy you are acting freely lately." - Kugisaki said as she watched her with a warm smile on her lips. - "To be honest, I can't recognize the girl I first met." - She chuckled slightly.

The girl smiled.

"Thank you, Nobara." - She said with a soft smile.

Kugisaki nodded.

"Lets go to sleep." - She suggested. - "Who knows what this idiotic excuse of a teacher has in his mind for tomorrow."

Y/n chuckled then nodded.

She changed her clothes and laid on her bed.

"Good night, Nobara." - Y/n said with a smile.

"Good night, Y/n." - The other girl returned with a soft smile.