Chapter 4

Rick's P.O.V

Hannah's starting to pick up on my behaviour, I have to tell her someday how I feel, but I just can't, I've never felt this way about a girl before, the pressure about it is causing me to loose concentration, I've been trying to take my mind off things by writing a new song, but all I can think about is romantic lyrics...that's it! I don't feel confident about talking to Hannah face to face about it, I'll leave something in her room like a poem or something, it's coming up to her birthday so you could call is as a sort of birthday present.

I went straight to my room to start working on this poem, I got the first couple of lines down in a matter of seconds.

Hair as dark as the midnight sky.

When she's around time just passes by.

What if Hannah guesses that it's from me? She might recognize my writing...not if I type it up on the computer though.

Hannah's P.O.V

Rick was acting a bit weird recently. Normally he'd be really chatty and confident, but recently he's been spending a lot of time on his own and he seems to be in a world of his own, especially when we're hanging out, I was getting concerned.

"Rick, can I have a word?" I asked.

"Erm...yeah, what's up?"

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah why?"

"It's just that you've been behaving very weird recently, and I was wondering if there was something bothering you."

"No, no I'm fine."

"Okay, but if you want to talk about anything, I'm here."

"Yeah...alright."

I could tell that Rick was lying, he couldn't look me in the eye as we were talking. Just before Rick walked away, he gently patted me on the shoulder...that's new.

I followed Rick into the TV lounge, he went straight over to the computer and started typing.

"What are you doing mate?" Tyler asked.

"Nothing that involves you."

"Can I read it?"

"No."

"Come on, please."

"No. Just let me get on with it."

I laughed and continued with my crochet, I'd finished that shawl and was working on a new project, but I just couldn't concentrate, with Tee and Carmen constantly talking to me about whether I like Rick, and I do, but just as a friend at the moment, I mean yeah he is really cute, but would we even be suitable for each other, and I've never told a guy that I like him.

In the end I just couldn't focus on my crochet, my mind kept wandering, so I just went upstairs to my room to have some time to myself, and to have some time to think about what I'm going to do about Rick, he's lying to me about not being bothered by anything, and I can't get him off the brain, he's in my dreams every night, there must be a way for me to show my feelings without him knowing it's me...of course. I'm pretty good a poetry, maybe I could write him a poem.

I jumped off my bed and grabbed a nearby notebook. I sat down at my desk and pondered about how to write this.

I decided to set the poem out so the first letter of the first word of each sentence spelt out Rick's name, I got the first few lines down with ease, but soon got a terrible case of writer's block, I read the first few lines to try and get ideas but it was no use. I put my pen down and went downstairs for a drink.