The nightmares // J.B

—your POV—

—your POV—

I heard the sheets ruffle and get pulled off me. I stirred slightly then sat up when my eyes opened. I looked around not seeing my besides the slight light coming from the darkened window of our bedroom.

I looked beside me and seen Bucky shuffling anxiously in his sleep. I used my powers to feel his feelings. I promised him I I wouldn't look into his mind without his permission. But I did occasionally felt his emotions.

My hand flew back like I touched a hot stove. Not only was his skin hot and sticky from his cold sweat; his feeling were so powerful I could feel my arm vibrate with emotion and uncontrol.

I knew it was no use trying to push him awake so I let him stir in his nightmare till he woke up in a fastened fright. I almost dozed off completely, until I felt Bucky shoot up breathing heavily. I slowly sat up and funded to him.

I grabbed his face rubbing my thumb on his cheekbone comforting him the best way I could. He tried catching his breath, soon getting a hang of it. "It okay James.." I always called him James when he first wakes up from a nightmare, helps him stop thinking about, it.

"Your here with me, and I'm here with you." I now had my hands resting on his shoulders. "That's all that matters right now." I said in a hushed tone calming his nerves. I could feel them leaving his body but some of it clung on to him like he was it's life source.

"I- I almost killed you- I did kill you." His voice was groggy and thick, But dry and cold, all at the same time. "You didn't and that's the amazing part." I paused. "See, I'm still here, and I'm still madly in love with you." I said smiling slightly.

He looked up at me like he had realized it wasn't real. That his dream lied and I was still right here in front of him, loving him just the same as always. It felt so special to love him if only he knew that.

He quickly hugged me and I held him on my chest as he leaned over slightly; I leaned into the wall behind the bed and rested Bucky on my chest while playing with his hair. "It's all fake love... I'm right here. I always will be." I could feel his smile, though I couldn't see it.

I stayed up until he fell asleep. Then I dozed off into a peaceful blank sleep.