you ain't nothing but a lost cause

Start from the beginning

A few moments of silence passes as Sensei Kreese helps me set up my mat arias the room from Robby. He provides me with some extra blankets and things to keep me warm. It's much later now and my heart has finally stopped racing.

"So. There was this guy I met in jail.." Robby interrupts my thoughts.

"His name was Xander. He was older..in there for a murder charge, but he said it wasn't what it seemed like. He protected me in prison. He's how I practically survived and didn't get my ass beat. Well i did get my ass beat...just not as much with him around. He said there was someone who was like a sister to him who he was protecting. He stated describing someone almost exactly like you...it was crazy. I just thought you might be interested. I really don't have many stories other than that..." Robby trails off.

Did he just says Xander. Robby talked to Xander. Holy SHIT.

"Wait wait wait wait, you said Xander? Part Hispanic? Really tall? Ton of tattoos? From Atalanta? Older than should be in your prison?" I ramble on

"Uh..yeah how do you-"

"OH MY GOODNESS ROBBY YOU TALKED TO XANDER!"

"I'm so confused??" He says with a bizarre puzzled look as he moves away from my jumping up and down frame.

"AHHHH!!"

"ASH! EARTH TO ASH? HELLO?" He says waving his hand in front of my frozen face.

TW: mentions of SA and r@pe (I love you, so so much. You're loved. You're worthy. You're worth more than gold my friend. <3)

"Hi, hey, what? Oh my goodness I'm sorry. It's just...Xan is my friend. From back in Atlanta. Whatever he told you was true. His trial is getting brought back up in court soon. If I can remember the details of what uh...occurred that night...maybe he can be set free. Because there were no witnesses, but he claims it was self defense, because his brother was...he...ok I'm just gonna say it. His brother was raping a girl, that's the girl Xander was trying to protect." I say out loud finally, for the first time it feels like.

It takes a moment for it to click in Robby's brain.

"Ash...I..I'm fucking glad he killed that bastard." He says strongly..then his face softens as he looks at me and his hands grab mine and he softly kisses them, in a platonic way.

He stays with his face presses up against my hands with a lack for words before we hear a throat clear. Both our heads shoot up and see a familiar red haired boy.

It's Hawk, with his Mohawk down. And his eyes are blue again. And he's carrying a duffel bag.

He makes eye contact with me and Robby stands up,

"You got a lot of nerve coming back here-" I grab robby's shoulder and walk in front of him to meet Hawk in the doorway.

"What are you doing back here?" I say quietly.

"I thought you might need some stuff...mom helped me pack it. I told her you were staying over at Tory's..." he says softly. I look down and see a duffel bag either xtra clothes and comfy clothes to sleep in and some face wash and tooth brush and a bair brush and some other things. I softly smile.

"I really didn't mean to interrupt I just..I'm sorry about earlier. Ash I don't know what's happening to me. I..my mind thinks things and then I do things and I don't know why! It's not me! I swear! I..I love you! I'd never treat someone like that that I love but..ever since I saw you that day in school, and actually say your face I..,I've been fighting the other me inside my head. It's been a constant sparing match between me, and Hawk. Hawk isn't real. He's just a made up persona I built in my head with  all my anger I had from being bullied and picked on all my life. Then I became him. And now I can't stop..he's part of me now, the image is truly out there and I don't know how to fix it..I just feel like a lost cause.."

"I...hey, it's ok. I understand. Maybe we can get you some help? Someone to talk to who understands better. Someone to you truly let out your emotions to?"

"Yeah..maybe that'd be good I just..I needed to tell you. I'm truly sorry. Have a goodnight Ash."

I just realized he didn't make a joke, call me a nickname, make a sarcastic comment, or sexualize
something. Did I just met Eli for the first time?

"Goodnight..." I say as my voice slowly trails off as he exits the building and the door does it's familiar jingle.

I turn around to see Robby pressed up with his ear against the wall and his eyes go wide once he sees me,

"OH FUCK YOU, KEENE!" I say chasing him back into the back room.

Did I go to see her for a purpose? Yes.

Did I hear everything she was telling Keene? Also yes.

Did I mean to? No.

Am I ever gonna tell her I know? Fuck. No.

My blood started absolutely boiling when she said what she said, I've never wanted to to being someone back to life just to hurt them myself again. How dare someone do something like that to Ash.

My Ash.

The only one who understands.

A/N: heyyy lovesss, sorry I would have updated yesterday but we had a bad storm and I lost power!! I hope you guys are doing well! I should get my brace off my foot in a few days ahh!! This chapter went very off plot, but I'm having to switch up some thing with the waiting of season 4!! I hope you guys can bare with me, and if you have any feedback I'd love to hear it!!!

much love!!

vote and comment!! <33