Chapter Thirty-Five

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Knucklehead...-Sweetie." She said, with a weak smile.

"Brielle, how are you here?" Nathan asked, the confusion on his face never falling away, as he shifted his daughter to his right hip. "You left." He pointed out.

"I did, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about you and I just felt guilty for walking out on you...-twice. I made a huge mistake leaving you and Paige, for that stupid tour, and I can't be without either of you. Not anymore." She told him, and she took a long pause before she told him the last thing she needed to say to him. "I want to come home, Nathan."

"Brielle." Nathan said with a sigh.

"I love you." She blurted out.

Nathan looked between his wife and his daughter, before he glanced over his shoulder into the house and then he looked back at Brielle. "Brielle, this is really bad timing. Uh...-" Nathan didn't get a chance to say anything after that, as his mother came rushing passed the two of them, cutting him off.

"Nathan, we have to go." She said.

"What's going on?" Nathan asked.

"It's urgent...-it's your father. We have to go now." Deb yelled back to her son, causing Brielle to glance over her shoulder at the woman confused. What was going on with Dan Scott?

"I'm sorry." Nathan mumbled, as he walked out of the front door closing it behind him. Brielle watched as he walked down the steps to the car, where he proceeded to put his daughter into the car seat who didn't even look back at his wife once, causing her to let out a sigh as she throw her head back.

Maybe it was a bad idea for her to come back.

"Bree." She heard Deb say her name, casuing her to glance over at her as she crossed her arms over her chest. Deb gave her a weak smile before she pointed over at the car.

"Come with us."

❪ 💍 ✧₊ 🎤 ˚.❁ ☔ ❫

When they arrived the three of them arrived that Dan Scott's car dealership, Scott Moters, they quickly got out of the car and Brielle grabbed Paige. Nathan didn't even question her or stop her, or anything, he just left his wife hold their daughter the for the first time in months. Paige made a quiet sound as she turned her head to face her mother's neck, as it rest on her shoulder, and Brielle glanced down at her with a smile when she saw that she was still sleeping.

She looked back up at her husband who couldn't help but smile at the sight of the two of them together, before he quickly looked away from her again so that they could get to the dealership. The three of them walked quickly over to it, and when they stopped in front of it they noticed that it was up in flames.

Brielle's eyes widened, not believing what she was seeing.

"It's your father's car...-he was working late." Deb said.

And without fully processing what she was doing, Brielle slipped her hand into her husband's as she rest her head on his upper arm, and Nathan hadn't thought to much about it either as it intertwined their fingers together.

"Mrs. Scott?" A firefighter asked, walking over to them.

Before Brielle could process what she was saying, the word came flying out of her mouth. "Yes?" She said, at she same time that Deb said.