𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚗(𝙿𝚝 𝟹)

Start from the beginning

"Would you like us to assist you in recapturing Princess Elizabeth and perhaps making sure that Y/N is dead?"

"Save your concern. I suggest you worry about your fates. And Y/N hasn't moved for ages, I'm sure she's long dead now."

"That's quite unfortunate, it's true we were ordered to bring her back. But it has to be as a corpse, that would be perfectly fine too." The realisation hits Griamore who begins running forwards.

"Princess Veronica!" He shouts. Veronica catches up to her sister and begins grabbing at her to try and stop her. However, the floor where Elizabeth stood begins glowing. Veronica notices too and she pushes Elizabeth away. Another figure jumps into the light and wraps its coat around Veronica.

"Forgive me..." Y/N mutters. Next thing they know the entire area explodes. 

"Princess Veronica!" He continues running as debris flies past him.

"Elizabeth!" The dust clears and what's left is a large crater with Elizabeth knelt beside it with Veronica's arm wrapped around her while her body is over Elizabeth's leg and seemingly dead. Blood and burns cover Veronica and her pants are torn everywhere. Around Veronica's top half lays a burnt, torn jacket with matted fur. Besides the two lays a slightly burnt carving of a wooden bear.

"Veronica..." Elizabeth trails off. "Why...?" Elizabeth stares down at her sister in shock as Griamore and Hawk make it to the sisters. "This can't be happening. Veronica, wake up. Please, open your eyes!" Elizabeth pleads tears drop onto Veronica's face.

"Ellie...?" Veronica questions weakly, her eyes slightly open.

"I-I'm here! I'm right here with you!"

"We're you injured?" Veronica asks.

"No, I'm fine. Cause you took the blast for me."

"You always did have a real knack for getting into trouble," Veronica says, smiling weakly up at her sister. "And that's why, I had to, look out for you."

"Like when we both snuck out of the castle together, we fell but you took the brunt of it and protected me. I just kept crying while you tried to make me feel better, ignoring your pain the whole time." Elizabeth sniffs.

"Did I?" Veronica asks.

"That's right. And it made me so happy." Elizabeth says. "Because that I knew how much you cared, even though the two of us weren't related by blood. That's why..." She trails off, crying more. "That's why...-" Veronica reaches a hand up to Elizabeth's cheek, cupping it.

"Ellie...None of that matters. Any of it." Veronica says, nonetheless still weakly smiling. Elizabeth places her hand over her sisters.

"I'm sorry! I was so horrible, I can't believe I said I hated you! Please forgive me!" Elizabeth says, her voice cracking. "I'm so sorry!"

"I do love you, Ellie," Veronica says as he hand drops from Elizabeth.

"I do too! I do too!"

"Cause through it all, we're sisters aren't we?" Veronica says. "Griamore."

"Yes." He nods, his helmet now off.

"This is my final order...Keep Elizabeth... safe" She says, her voice getting weaker.

"Your final order princess?!" Griamore asks. "Don't say such things." He gasps as he sees Veronica's closed eyes and stilled frame.

"Big sister?" Elizabeth says gently.

"Princess Veronica?" Griamore says, tears falling down his cheeks. He louts out a loud yell of anguish at the loss of a close friend...no, lover.

=