"You went through my phone!" I widen my eyes with shock.

I can't believe he'd do that.

"'Excited for you to get back, hope you're having fun.' From Zayn Malik." Isaac reads the messages. "'I bought you some new paint.'" he keeps reading and I feel my chest tighten.

"Isaac, please."

"'Miss you.' From. Zayn. Malik." Isaac clenches his teeth, muttering that final message before looking at me from under his brows, his face beholding pure anger.

I lose my breath as I look at his face. I didn't know what to say or do. I just stood there in front of him on the bed like I child who had gotten in severe trouble.

"So this is why you went back there, huh? This is your so called 'roommate', Elaina?" his low voice terrified me.

"Isaac, baby. Pl—"

"Ohh." he exhales a chuckle. "So now you want to 'baby' me." he slightly tilts his head as his lips close and he just stares at me like I'm the worst thing he's ever laid his eyes on.

I bite my lip to keep it from trembling, trying my best to keep my composure and taking a deep breath

I bite my lip to keep it from trembling, trying my best to keep my composure and taking a deep breath. I knew I couldn't hide it anymore. I need to explain myself.

"Zayn is my friend. That's it, I promise. I first met him on that tour of Europe. I've stayed with him for three months now and I swear to you that nothing has happened between the two of us." I tell him, praying to get through to him.

"You expect me to believe you? After you lied about it? You kept that from me for three months."

"Please, I—"

"Three months, Elaina!" he suddenly booms, standing up from the bed and towering over me. I've never seen him look so mad, his teeth clenched as he spoke with rage. "And here I was thinking I meant something to you!"

"Y-you do—"

He suddenly grabs my left wrist and holds my hand up, taking a quick look at my bare fingers and then scoffing again, shaking his head.

"Clearly not enough." he mutters.

I rip my hand away and try to keep myself calm, but the proximity of his angered body was making me nervous.

"Y-you have no idea what you mean to me—"

"I'm not buying that." he says.

I sniff, trying my best not to cry. "You know I left because of what happened—"

"Yes but god fucking dammit, Elaina!" his voice snaps loudly, purely shouting at me now. "You're staying with another fucking guy!"